ANSI format keyboard worth a try?

Associate
Hi,

I've been using ISO keyboards forever apart from once when I had a Cherry ANSI one with silent switches which I hated. They just felt mushy.

Seen the iKBC F108 with an ISO layout but been recommended the MF108. Sadly, the MF108 only comes in the ANSI format.

Do you think it's worth opting for the better keyboard and adjusting to a layout I've not had much time with?

Thanks.

Associate
If you really enjoy the MF108, I would make the switch and try to adjust to the layout. Always fun to learn something new, in my opinion.

Soldato
I moved to ANSI / US layout and now use it exclusively. It's the de facto official layout for programming languages because of the US's long influence over that industry.

IMO the British computer keyboard layout is pointless and it's simply an unfortunate aspect of history that American and British people ended up getting used to differing layouts. Non-English-language keyboards are a different kettle of fish and understandably complex, but that's their problem.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I moved to ANSI / US layout and now use it exclusively. It's the de facto official layout for programming languages because of the US's long influence over that industry.

IMO the British computer keyboard layout is pointless and it's simply an unfortunate aspect of history that American and British people ended up getting used to differing layouts. Non-English-language keyboards are a different kettle of fish and understandably complex, but that's their problem.

Did you find it easy to adjust to?

Back
Top Bottom