Antec P180 Owners Thread

Associate
Has anyone had any problems with warped side panels or doors on this case?

I noticed when I got mine that the door was a bit warped - the metal bit had popped out of the plastic a bit, and wouldn't stay in.

Later I noticed that the metal was protruding from one of the side panels as well..

Associate
Elethiomel said:
Has anyone had any problems with warped side panels or doors on this case?

I noticed when I got mine that the door was a bit warped - the metal bit had popped out of the plastic a bit, and wouldn't stay in.

Later I noticed that the metal was protruding from one of the side panels as well..
Elethiomel
Check out jimmy83's post a page back on 2 Dec.

He says "I recently e-mailed antec about the dodgy door issue, and they sent me this link on how to sort it yourself"

http://www.antec.com/p180/p180.html

I tried this on my door tonight and although I didn't have the metal protuding from the plastic, it has help flatten the door so it closes properly without having to be locked.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
In the middle of building my case at the moment.

Couple of questions:

1) I'm trying to mount my Raptor into one of the upper HDD slots and the manual mentions special screws contained in the box on the HDD cage - I opened the box and found nothing! Any suggestions? What the 'eck is a silicone grommet?

2) The bracket on the TrioCool fan in the bottom compartment had snapped - no fault of OC but probably the transport company - thanks City Link. Anyway - I've decided to mount this fan as an intake where the HDD will eventually reside - is this ok?

3) This may seem like a stupid question - sorry if it is! But, currently there are several rounded silver looking mounts in the motherboard tray. I've been sent 3 brass mounts in a bag - do the brass mounts go into the silver mounts?
Not seen this before but I don't think they're brass (seems odd though, they're pretty much level with the I/O plate.)

Last edited:
Associate
i've got a warped front door panel too - thanks for the 'repair' url, happyjoe. will try it soon.

i do wish that they'd just make a better door in the first place - this can't really be called a quality door by anyone's standards. it really lets the, otherwise excellent, case down.

Soldato
But, currently there are several rounded silver looking mounts in the motherboard tray

These are just standard placements for mounts - you only need to use standoffs in any place where these mounts aren't located.

I'm trying to mount my Raptor into one of the upper HDD slots and the manual mentions special screws contained in the box on the HDD cage - I opened the box and found nothing! Any suggestions? What the 'eck is a silicone grommet?

The screws you need should have a large round head, then the screw bit should firstly have a smooth part where it joins the head, followed by the proper screw section at the end.

Soldato
Hey thanks mrochester. So to clarify I can leave the silver mounts in place and they won't fry my motherboard when I screw it down onto them?

Sorted the HDD mounting problem :)

Associate
Domo said:
In the middle of building my case at the moment.

Couple of questions:

1) I'm trying to mount my Raptor into one of the upper HDD slots and the manual mentions special screws contained in the box on the HDD cage - I opened the box and found nothing! Any suggestions? What the 'eck is a silicone grommet?

its all in the end of the middle hard drive holder in the black box on the end if thats what you are on about

Soldato
WOMBATWILSON said:
its all in the end of the middle hard drive holder in the black box on the end if thats what you are on about
Yeah that's what I'm on about - but as I said, it was empty.
Found them (and the other bits like keys etc) in the bottom of the case :)

Soldato
Me again! :o

Has anyone else had trouble with the small screws when screwing down the mobo? They keep turning and don't actually seem to tighten at all.
I'm using an A8N-SLi premium board.

I've used the normal hexagonal screws in place of some of the smaller ones to make sure it's held in place, not too tight of course!

Soldato
Does anyone have an Epox 9NDA3J motherboard and an Akasa Paxpower 460W PSU here with the Antec 180?

I really want this case to upgrade from my Globalwin 802 but the ATX 24 and 12 on the Epox are right beside the CPU socket and the rear fan and location of the PSU at the bottom of the case would make it impossible to route the ATX24 cable.

EPOX_9NDA3PLUS.jpg

My XP-120 blocks access to the ATX connectors in a normal case, but in the 180 i would be nigh on impossible to get it connected up :)

Last edited:
Associate
er, mine has been like that since day one. if you grab hold of it and give it a good bend then it will look okay for a few minutes. unclipping the metal part of the door from the plastic and reseating it might put it right... maybe.

Associate
lowrider007 u should try and read the thread you'll see a load of people have the same problem,I had the same problem with the front door, what u have to do is remove the aluminium insert from the plastic, you'll notice that the thing is pressed and formed so as to get the lugs and the logo into the aluminium sheet. at the edges it's got a small radius formed into and it's this radius that causes the problem, because it sits in a groove on the plastic part of the door. this doesn't give the aluminium room for shrinkage/expansion.

what i did was to put double sided tape (aka blue peter special lol) on the plastic part of the door then locate the top tabs of the ally sheet in place and work your way down the door bending back the tabs as u go and pressing firmly onto the tape. when you get to the bottom of the door you'll notice that it wont fit in the bottom groove but the tabs should go some way. this leaves you without the bend in the middle and only a slight lip at the bottom of the door. I'll get some pictures and post them.

it looks far better than it did before and the door closes no probs. here's a couple of pics of mine after fixing the problem.

ironhorse said:
as promised here's a pic of my p180 door after fixing the buckling.

p180%20door%201.jpg

as you can see the bottom sticks out slightly but it looks better than the door not shutting in the middle.

p180%20door%202.jpg

as you can see the door fits flush in the middle now.

Soldato
Hi guys doing my first build, I have put everything together that needs to be at least i hope/think its right :D

Anyway so heres the question I wanna ask

Where do I plug the fans into?

If it helps I have the Hiper Type R 580watt modulator psu
and a Asus A8N nForce4 Premium

If you need to know anything else ask

Associate
I have exactly the same problem with my P180 door, the whole case is perfect apart from the door bending in the middle - the biggest gap i have had so far is about 2cm between the door and the case.

I just keep bending the door back and hoping it will stay, but a day or so later the gap is back and getting bigger and bigger!

Im contemplating either a Lian Li or maybe trying to forget about it - its a pretty annoying aspect compared to an otherwise great case.

Back
Top Bottom