Antec P180 Owners Thread

Associate
I bought P180 and moved my current computer insides into it. Will take some pics later when I get the better hardware (current is 4-5 years old), but the noise did go lower. Of course it's not completely silent, but sound is much smoother. Temperatures went about 5-6C down from previous case temperatures.

I got two HDs mounted in the lower bay and one HD mounted in upper bay with Zalman ZM-2HC2 HD heatpipe cooler. I installed additinal noiseblocker 120x120 cooler to the upper bay front and removed the lower bay big factory cooler. Upper factory coolers are running at Low speed. My PSU is Blue Storm 500W (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article212-page1.html) and the cables even had lots of spare length, so perfect PSU for P180.

It took some time to install, but I didn't have any problems and everything went smooth. The side panels slided with no need for additional force, and the door panel is flawless and closes with no problems, even though the case most likely went through some cold delivery here in Finland. The was no rust on the screws at all, all thumb screws worked as expected. I'd say I was lucky, or Antec has fixed the problems (mentioned here) in their production line.

I'm very happy of P180, best case I've ever had.

Here's one image, you see the door in this one (with my new other toy) http://www.markvera.net/gallery/laserpod/lasercase1.jpg

Hi,
Has anyone tried modding this case (p180), this may seem strange but I want to put a window in the front door so I can see my lcd panel and backlit control knobs etc, do you think it would that hard to do, I'm thinking I could take off the layer of aliminium and use it as a template for the window then cut out the plastic on the door the same size as the aliminium panel which should'nt be too hard as you have a raised frame going around the door that you can use to guide the jig-saw along, so what you'd be left with is just the black plastic frame that you can normally see going around the edge of aliminium panel on the front door of the case, that frame is about 5mm thick, so I was thinking of getting the window cut on 4mm thick acrylic and somehow just slotting it in there, tbh I haven't really thought this througth properly just an idea really, does anyone think its possible to pull this off or have any good sugestions on how it should be done, cheers, :) .

Last edited:
Associate
I think it could be done but it would spoil the sound dampening and pretty much negate the point of buying a p180 in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom