1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec Super Lanboy vs Lian Li PC7+

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by salami1212, 10 Jul 2006.

1. salami1212

Mobster

Which is the better case bearing in mind that the lanboy has a window, quiet fans (how quiet are these?). But the lian li is a "better quality case??" but more expensive

so which one would you say is better and things

Cheers

2. Posty

Mobster

They are both great cases and nothing bad with either of them, so if i were you i would look at pictures at both and decide which case you like the look of most as you will be the one looking at it every day

3. salami1212

Mobster

is it worth that much extra, and I would have to buy quiet fans (how quiet are the lanboys fans?)

4. Raikiri

Capodecina

7v them and they are very quiet (same goes for the Lian Li)

I have both cases and at the LanBoy's current price it is a tough decision but I would probably got for the Lian Li because it looks better(imo) and is built better

5. OV3RCLOCK3R

PermaBanned

Both are excellent cases but if you have the extra money. Definatly get the lian li.

Bare in mind that the lian li will be twice as expensive if buying a window panel aswell so it's basically upto you as lanboy already comes with one:)

6. Steeps

Soldato

the fans are reasonably quiet, however i am using ambers on a fan controller so i could get more air in the case in this weather (changed the fans last year)

not sure how it is with the lian-li but the panels on the lanboy are really thin, but it is still a great case for the money.

7. AdamEW

Gangster

how are the two cases in comparison size wise anyone got a photo of the lian li and the antec standing beside each other?

8. Yewen

Capodecina

Raikiri may be able to sort that one.

The Lanboy is a fair bit smaller than the PC7+.

9. AdamEW

Gangster

I am really tempted to go for the Antec because it is so much cheaper but I do prefer the looks of the Lian Li dang this is a hard decision :confused:

10. Yewen

Capodecina

You will be looking at it and living with it for a long time.

Way I see it, if you want something you dont want to replace for several rigs go with the PC7+.

A lot of the Super Lanboy users have upgraded to PC7+'s recently, so says something about the move after a year or so. :)

11. AdamEW

Gangster

good point yewen, Im sure I saw some guy somewhere say something along the lines of "buy it cheap buy it twice" or something :D

EDIT: looks at Raikiri for comparison pics :p

12. Raikiri

Capodecina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Yewen

Capodecina

Pitty you can't see the brushed aluminium in those pictures. :(

14. AdamEW

Gangster

good job Raikiri looking at that think im gonna go for the pc7 plus, I dont like windows anyway as they just show off my bad wiring :p..

EDIT : counts pennies

15. Begbie

Capodecina

Been told theres some issuses fitting some motherboards in the lanboy? This true?

16. Raikiri

Capodecina

not that I am aware of, sometimes the bottom optical bay (with a drive it) will hit the RAM and if you have a 90degree IDE port it is hard to get the cable in but not impossible

17. Begbie

Capodecina

klkl thanks. Wanted a black case but funds are low. Could just paint it when i get bored of it.

18. stigggeh

Mobster

i hated my lanboy.

the alu is just too thin, i managed to over tighten the screws that hold the pci plates really easily resulting in no threads.

The front fan is useless because they hdd drive bays just totally kill airflow, and already having a slow fan stock makes it worse.

not a good case imo.

19. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Get the Lian-Li you'll have it for ages and they have good second hand values, I've had my Sonata less than a year and I'm already looking enviously at the Lian-Li if only I hadn't needed a decent PSU when I built my rig or had bitten the bullet and spent a few more pounds!