Anti-Pee - Motion Activated Sprinkler, legal?

fez

fez

Caporegime
That's not what I claimed...

Infact that's not even what was being stated and if that's what the other guy did mean then I worry about his mental development!

He said rebound. Not reflect. Which is precisely what it does. He'd end up covered in his own pee.

You're worried about my mental development when you are clearly misinterpreting what I have said on purpose. What is the difference between rebound and reflect as well in this case.

Caporegime
You're worried about my mental development when you are clearly misinterpreting what I have said on purpose. What is the difference between rebound and reflect as well in this case.

Rebound would be it coming back along the trajectory that it went. Reflecting would be it bouncing off at a different angle to the upon which it hits.

It doesn't rebound straight back, it sort of "explodes" think o fit like when you jet wash a car, the stream doesn't bounce back but sort of creates a cloud of water
The coating achieves this with more efficiency having started with less energy in the first place.

Will 100% of the urine reflect back onto the culprit, no. Will some amount, say 10% or so, yes.

We looked at this at work, and it does work, but its very expensive.

The problem is people will a) not believe it (as demonstrated in this thread) and b) once you start you cant stop anyway

If people want to get an idea how this works stretch a piece of cling film over a loo, the effect is similar ;)

Caporegime
It doesn't rebound straight back, it sort of "explodes" think o fit like when you jet wash a car, the stream doesn't bounce back but sort of creates a cloud of water
The coating achieves this with more efficiency having started with less energy in the first place.

Will 100% of the urine reflect back onto the culprit, no. Will some amount, say 10% or so, yes.

We looked at this at work, and it does work, but its very expensive.

The problem is people will a) not believe it (as demonstrated in this thread) and b) once you start you cant stop anyway

If people want to get an idea how this works stretch a piece of cling film over a loo, the effect is similar ;)

Bingo. Physics yo!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, if you stick a piece of cling film over a toilet seat and pee on it from a few foot away you won't get soaked. It will hit the clingfilm and fly off at an angle straight ahead of you. If someone wees against a wall with a hydrophobic coating at a right angle to the wall it will come back and get them wet. If they pee at a 45 degree angle to wall (off to the side) it won't.

Caporegime
nah - perhaps a lot of it will but you'll likely get some splash back too... it is coming from above and should disperse/splatter 360 degrees

ditto with the wall

Caporegime
Yeah, if you stick a piece of cling film over a toilet seat and pee on it from a few foot away you won't get soaked. It will hit the clingfilm and fly off at an angle straight ahead of you. If someone wees against a wall with a hydrophobic coating at a right angle to the wall it will come back and get them wet. If they pee at a 45 degree angle to wall (off to the side) it won't.
Yes it will. You're talking to two people who have seen these coatings in action and still insisting you're right.

It wont consistently go straight ahead, and the coating works a bit like this. There will be some randomness and spray back.

Soldato
OP
If I had to, I'd pee on any one of you!

This magic/voodoo/devilish paint stuff is too expensive. Yes, the videos are impressive but I don't want to spend that kind of money to test it. - I've only found one supplier for the product in the UK so far.

The sprinkler idea seems like the best/funest solution.

Back
Top Bottom