Any asthma sufferers

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
asthma is for life. it will always come back regardless.
there is a cure for it. but since pharmacies charge £5 per inhalor your not gonna see that cure anytime soon. :mad:
I wish it was £5, but in reality it`s closer to £7 per prescription at the moment.

Do you hav any info on "the cure" you speak of?

Soldato
there is a cure but we as in the people are not allowed it. its all about money at the end of the day. inhalors costing 7 quid a piece is a lot of mony for something that costs less than 50p to manufacture. the same liquid, salamol/ventolin with some slight modifications is all it takes to put an end to asthma sufferers.

it was actually a combination of the old ventolin inhalor with the brown bechotide inhalor which was shown to clear up asthma for good in some people. thats why the phased the ventolin inhalors out since they knew it would eat into the profits. they just used the excuse that ventolin inhalors pulled out harmful cfc's etc crap.

i tell you one thing though, when the cure for cancer is found, its gonna cost someone an arm and a leg to have it.

this is why i hope eastern countries develop the cure first, chineese, japaneese, indian, medicine is best since its done for the benefit of the people and not for the cash.

Soldato
My asthma is getting worse. If you suffer from bronchial asthma-which is the form which afflicts me, you will never get rid of it. It may go away for a while, but as you get older and more vunerable, it will return.

Permabanned
I have had it since I was 5 its does limit your physical activities, but I have managed to play rugby, ice hockey and currently play american football quite happily, i hate having asthma it does limit you

Man of Honour
About two years ago (I was 46) I started to get very worried because my breathing was erratic and I was wheezing.
I started to think the worst at my age and thought of all the years I'd been singing in very smokey pubs.
It didn't affect my singing except for one song where I held a note on for a long time but it was now dramatically reduced.
I took the plunge and went to the doctor and I'd got Asthma :D
Bloody asthma at 46.
Anyway, I take the brown stuff morning and night and blue when I need it.
I'm not a bad sufferer and I think I could live without the inhalers but I do find that running really helps.

Soldato
Having it come back may have something to do with allergies, now that it is the hayfever season. Mine always resurfaces for a couple of weeks around this time of year /runs out of breath :p

Soldato
Had asthma since I was 14... grew out of it and then last year I have had about 3 pneumothoraxs and now... hopefully I am fine... lol.

Get hay-fever ever year and always will but a yellow box of pills stops that.

Asthma is not only annoying because of the shortness of breath but as a kid I just forgot to take my inhaler... plus I have a spacer device which just looks stupid....

Soldato
OP
Tob3z said:
Had asthma since I was 14... grew out of it and then last year I have had about 3 pneumothoraxs and now... hopefully I am fine... lol.

Get hay-fever ever year and always will but a yellow box of pills stops that.

Asthma is not only annoying because of the shortness of breath but as a kid I just forgot to take my inhaler... plus I have a spacer device which just looks stupid....
Whats a pneumothoraxs :confused:

Soldato
Collapsed Lung. Not nice... well actually having a collapsed lung is fine. So you cant walk up the stairs without being out of breath and the constant pain in your chest and arm... but it's better than having a 6 inch tube inserted under your arm with local anesthetic. Thank god for morphine... shame it doesn't take away the pain... just makes you high. :p

Soldato
If you want more info it's normally a hole in the lung. Air escapeds in your chest and doesnt allow room for your lung to inflate. lol sorry I just like talking about it.

Soldato
OP
Tob3z said:
Collapsed Lung. Not nice... well actually having a collapsed lung is fine. So you cant walk up the stairs without being out of breath and the constant pain in your chest and arm... but it's better than having a 6 inch tube inserted under your arm with local anesthetic. Thank god for morphine... shame it doesn't take away the pain... just makes you high. :p
Collapsed Lung **** me mate. :eek:

Soldato
lol I know... when I got told by the Dr I had to sit down. Happened 3 times and then they finally thought they would do something about it.

Well I'm at home jumping on my trampoline fine... just missing 20% of my left lung. Awesome scar though.

EDIT:: Off topic...Check out the hacker man in Lost lol.. he owns a gun.. reminds me of someone on these here forums..

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
there is a cure but we as in the people are not allowed it. its all about money at the end of the day. inhalors costing 7 quid a piece is a lot of mony for something that costs less than 50p to manufacture. the same liquid, salamol/ventolin with some slight modifications is all it takes to put an end to asthma sufferers.

it was actually a combination of the old ventolin inhalor with the brown bechotide inhalor which was shown to clear up asthma for good in some people. thats why the phased the ventolin inhalors out since they knew it would eat into the profits. they just used the excuse that ventolin inhalors pulled out harmful cfc's etc crap.

So its not actually a cure at all, just an effective way to manage symptoms. I used to take my blue inhaler every 20 minutes or so when I was bad and had several different types of steroid. I now have one medication I take twice daily and that has stopped 99% of my symptoms. I cant remember the last time I needed my blue inhaler. My daughter has also been put onto the same meds and has gone from regular stays on the childrens ward on a nebuliser to again, no blue inhalers.

The meds work, but people make the mistake of once their symptoms are under control they take themselves off the meds. Or just accepting that as an asthmatic they are destined to a life of wheeziness. Both are mistakes. If the meds work, take them properly, if they dont, get them changed.

Soldato
Hum... I know there isn't a cure but I dont asthma anymore. I stopped taking the medication because... well... I couldnt be assed. and when I went to see my Dr I told her. She then told me that was that... I all good.

Hitman
Permabanned
I was diagnosed with asthma when I was a kid, but it went away during my mid-teens. I have friends who were given ventolin inhalers due to "attacks" and then later found out they just had pet allergies/really bad hayfever and just needed antihistamines.

Back
Top Bottom