Any Bill Hicks fans in here

Soldato
OP
Beren said:
Holds hand up as a Bill Hicks fan

Must go out and buy some of his videos etc have some of his live shows on the puter, Genius.

Frightening too though I only found out about him a couple of years ago, was listening to a recording and cracking up, then realised he was talking about the 1st gulf war... His jokes were still sooo relevant it was scary!

Yeah and talk of Broadband back in 1993!

Associate
Great comedian, big fan - got both Relentless and Arizona Bay in the car. :D

Got to rememeber to put them on the iPod.

"We're Christians and don't like what you said."

"Well then forgive me"

Soldato
JaFFa said:
There are a couple of guys floating about here with hicks sigs. If you like bill hicks then I recommed you look for some George Carlin, similar style and just as funny.

i was about to quote to agree with you
then saw it was you
and did it anyway
oh the excitement

i prefer carlin to hicks, his latest stuff's still on form, alas there's no new bill hicks stuff obviously, it's an amazing back catalogue though

Man of Honour
aumz said:
OMG he died, was not aware of that...very funny guy along with george carlin

The Pat said:
The guy is an absolute genius. Never knew that he had died. :(

:eek: :eek:

26 February 1994 iirc...

Anyway - finish on a quote or two..

I just cannot believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on TV all day long, followed by, 'This Bud's for you'
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back, he ever wants to see a *naughtyword* cross? Kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on, you know.
I was just down in Dallas, Texas. You know, you can go down there and to Dealey Plaza where Kennedy was assassinated. And you can actually go to the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository. It's a museum called ... 'The Assassination Museum'. I think they named it that after the assassination. I can't be too sure of the chronology here, but ...

Anyway, they have the window set up to look exactly like it did on that day. And it's really accurate, you know, 'cause Oswald's not in it."
Not all drugs are good. Some ... are great.
The girl of my dreams I'm puttin' on a pedestal so I can ... do nasty, nasty things to her.
And the ever present...

The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are.

And the ride goes up and down and around and around and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say,

"Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because... this is just a ride."

RIP Beelzebozo/Goatboy/Bilbo Hicks of the Shire/Bill Hicks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Very much not a fan.

Not because he wasn't funny (though he wasn't) but because of the absolute adoration he gets.

He wasn't funny, he just told facts. In a non-funny way.

Soldato
I was in tesco last week and i have heard some bits about him b4 and see people on here talk bout him so i bought relentless on dvd for <£10 was sooooo funny! Ill be buying some more dvd's now :cool:

Soldato
Gilly said:

you say he tells facts in a non funny way... no... he tells facts in a funny way. you are so far off the mark.

i know people have different tastes but bill hicks had an ability to deliver the truth in an amazing way, you might think you are right... but you are wrong.

Permabanned
Gilly said:
Very much not a fan.

Not because he wasn't funny (though he wasn't) but because of the absolute adoration he gets.

He wasn't funny, he just told facts. In a non-funny way.

You like Oasis, negating any opinion you can EVER hold on entertainment.

*n

Man of Honour
Hedge said:
you say he tells facts in a non funny way... no... he tells facts in a funny way. you are so far off the mark.
I'm not actually. I'm slap bang in the middle of the mark :)

He wasn't funny in the slightest.

Hedge said:
i know people have different tastes but bill hicks had an ability to deliver the truth in an amazing way, you might think you are right... but you are wrong.

:rolleyes: What right do you have to tell me my opinion is wrong? Be off with your condescending, patronising self.

penski said:
You like Oasis, negating any opinion you can EVER hold on entertainment.

*n
Lets not get started on your taste though eh? I need only link to the Motors forum :)

Back
Top Bottom