Any idea when OCUK will be getting this new IcyBox NAS?

Man of Honour
Yeah I think your missing something...

Does anyone know what the transfer rates are like on these? I have a couple of NAS boxes, one of them an icybox but different model to this, and transfer rates are poor - 25-35Mbit/s, everything else on my LAN manages in excess of 90Mbit/s.

Man of Honour
Granted but I'm using an old laptop as a NAS box and even with the CPU clocked back to 99MHz (366 stock) to keep it cool and quiet it still manages more than 40MBit/s.

Associate
Anyone got one of these and having problems getting the drive to spin down?

I have set it to spin down after 10 mins but it doesnt do it - even with the pc off

Associate
quick question. if you can ssh can you install applications or is the memoory too small. was thinking of maybe installing a ftpd with more features. something like openftpd or glftpd.

Soldato
Mine arrived today. Smaller than I expected. Having issues currently getting it up via the software. :(. I assume it is vista compatible?

Associate
I have Vista 64, no problems here. You don't need any software installed on the PC, just access it via a web browser to configure it.

I think the software that comes with it just finds the NAS on your network.

Associate
I'm interested in getting one of these.

Does anyone know if its possible to use say a 250GB drive and a 120GB drive in a 120GB RAID1 array and still be able to use the remaining space on the first drive?

I've had a read through the manual but it doesn't seem to cover the above scenario. It does say that different size drives could be used for RAID1 but doesn't say what happens to the remaining space on the larger drive.

Associate
Do these auto-rebuild the raid array (raid 1) if you remove a drive and replace it with a new one?

I'm gonna be looking for a raid array but i want to be able to pull out an old drive and it rebuild for me. This would let me easily upgrade the capacity by taking a 250 out and replacing with a 500, then taking the other 250 out and replacing with another 500 etc.

The new NetGear Ready Duo will allow this as do some other but this is a very good price for a raid box so i was looking at it. I would probably prefer a 3-disk NAS with such a thing using raid5 tbh but they are ridiculously expensive.

Also, does it have a Torrent client on it? It is not mentioned on the website.

Back
Top Bottom