Any lower league football fans here?

Soldato
Bodger Badger said:
Cheers, I still can't believe the position we're in with so few games to go. It just goes to show what can be done on limited resources and a team that really want to play for their manager.

Still, if brentford draw today, I may just start to think we could go up...but i'm not counting my chickens yet!
I cant really believe you wont go up but its still possible we could catch you up particularly as we beat Barnsley today who were total pants :)

Associate
footman said:
I cant really believe you wont go up but its still possible we could catch you up particularly as we beat Barnsley today who were total pants :)
Yeah great result for you guys today.

The thing is, this is Southend we're talking about, and we never do anything the easy way! When we played Yeovil last season, everyone were tipping us for the league 2 title, but towards the end of the season we choked, and ended up going up via the play-offs. So i'm still expecting us to throw this lead away!

The big test for you guys will be Swansea on Friday though - a win for them will put yet another team in the mix for the top 2 - a win for you guys, and i'd expect you lot to take second place at the end of the season, or even take the title.

Out of interest, what's your run-in like? The majority of our games are at home against bottom-half teams, so our destiny really is in our own hands. If we throw this away, we only have ourselves to blame!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Bodger Badger said:
Yeah great result for you guys today.

The thing is, this is Southend we're talking about, and we never do anything the easy way! When we played Yeovil last season, everyone were tipping us for the league 2 title, but towards the end of the season we choked, and ended up going up via the play-offs. So i'm still expecting us to throw this lead away!

The big test for you guys will be Swansea on Friday though - a win for them will put yet another team in the mix for the top 2 - a win for you guys, and i'd expect you lot to take second place at the end of the season, or even take the title.

Out of interest, what's your run-in like? The majority of our games are at home against bottom-half teams, so our destiny really is in our own hands. If we throw this away, we only have ourselves to blame!!

Swansea is vital youre right, all of us can foul up in the latter third of the season and weve done it in the past. Many of our fixtures are away and this season our away form has been good. I dont want playoffs and I dont want another trip to Cardiff only to come away dissapointed!
Lets hope hope we can both keep our form :)

Soldato
Bodger Badger said:
Cheers, I still can't believe the position we're in with so few games to go. It just goes to show what can be done on limited resources and a team that really want to play for their manager.

Still, if brentford draw today, I may just start to think we could go up...but i'm not counting my chickens yet!
I was behind the goal when Freddy slotted in the first, was a top strike, all the kids where giving the Scunthorpe keeper a hard time for looking a porker, "get yer **** out for the fans" was sung many a time. Good result but we didnt dominate like the scoreline suggests.

Associate
pegasus1 said:
I was behind the goal when Freddy slotted in the first, was a top strike, all the kids where giving the Scunthorpe keeper a hard time for looking a porker, "get yer **** out for the fans" was sung many a time. Good result but we didnt dominate like the scoreline suggests.
Yeah it was a quality finish from Freddy, as was the Goat's. What's key this season is that we're still griding out results without playing amazingly well.

Bring on McDons!

Associate
nikebee said:
Swansea City fan here :)
not a bad season so far at all really, looking hopeful that we could go up to the Championship next season.

Not after today we wont, talk about crap, makes Fridays match vital we win now, if we lose then forget even the play off's.

As for Fallon....blah.

Associate
I suppose I would say I am a hartlepool fan, having been to most of their matches at home for the past few years (up until january anyways) its good to see that now we've gotten rid of the useless manager in martin scott that the team are turning around, having the two biggest goal scorers from last season back should help with the rest of this poor campaign too.

Man of Honour
footman said:
well,not exactly happily, but 1 point is still better than nowt!
Most people I've spoken to have said they will take a draw, you should beat Gillingham & MK Dons and if you can take points off Colchester & Donny too you should be home & dry, fingers crossed:)

Soldato
Curiousalien said:
I suppose I would say I am a hartlepool fan, having been to most of their matches at home for the past few years (up until january anyways) its good to see that now we've gotten rid of the useless manager in martin scott that the team are turning around, having the two biggest goal scorers from last season back should help with the rest of this poor campaign too.

Oi leave Martin Scott alone, terrific left back he was :)

You didn't seem to quite get over your savage mugging at our hands in the playoff semis, when with 3 mins + stoppage time you were going through and then well you wern't, that was harsh, not that i thought so at the time being i was charging around in complete extacy.

Caporegime
Curiousalien said:

Yes, my friend (Michael Maidens) is actually getting a game now. Scott didn't like him and as a result he didn't start. He scored a screamer last Friday aswell.

Back
Top Bottom