Any lower league football fans here?

Soldato
jonahall said:
No - it was the other way round. When Oxford entered the league 44 years ago, it was Accrington that they replaced... now the tables have turned unfortunately.

I'd say it was fate, that was back when there was no automatic promotion, and league clubs voted on whether they should be relegated, and every year they looked after their own, it was a shock when accrington were kicked out for oxford. It completely destroyed them and they had to start right back from the bottom of the pile.

Oh bittersweet irony.

Personally i'm just glad it wasn't us, the oxford orient score was like a dagger in my heart for most of the match today.

Associate
jonahall said:
ohhh **** ***** *****!

Oxford out of the league. I am totally gutted. 40 years supporting them - won't stop of course, but still...

To make it worse my 'other' team (the local one) is the Diamonds and guess what has happened to them as well...

:( :( :(

Just got back from the game and it was just unbelievable. So many twists and turns and I've lost my voice, my head hurts, I've got to wait until 10pm before I can drink as I've had to go back into work but I don't care I'm so happy.

Five minutes from the end I can't believe the ref didn't give you a penalty for that handball. Then hearing that Norhtampton had equalised just before we scored the winner was just a mental few minutes.

Can't imagine haw bad you must feel at the moment and TBH I would have preferred playing you if you were mid table with nothing to play for. I think you'll come back stronger for the drop like Carlisle did though.

Having said that...
WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP

Soldato
ranarama said:
Just got back from the game and it was just unbelievable. So many twists and turns and I've lost my voice, my head hurts, I've got to wait until 10pm before I can drink as I've had to go back into work but I don't care I'm so happy.

Five minutes from the end I can't believe the ref didn't give you a penalty for that handball. Then hearing that Norhtampton had equalised just before we scored the winner was just a mental few minutes.

Can't imagine haw bad you must feel at the moment and TBH I would have preferred playing you if you were mid table with nothing to play for. I think you'll come back stronger for the drop like Carlisle did though.

Having said that...
WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP

We (Brentford) were faced with the nightmare scenario when we conceded our customary equaliser in the last minute that you would also concede to Yeovil. I cant see us making it through those damned playoffs. Well done to all you guys :)

Associate
Blah, 1-1 against 10 men, talk about a let down.

Credit to Brentford they came to play, but agaiin out players where like oh, all we have to do is turn up etc.

Anyone want Kenny Jackett? Plz take him off our hands, more tactics in a water melon then in his brain pffft.

Soldato
escape sanity said:
I did a search on this but couldn't find anything:

I have noticed that there are many threads here about the Premier League and a few about some bigger Championship stories but almost nothing about any leagues below that (understandable - the goings on at Braintree Town are hardly going to rock the foundations of football :o ). As a supporter of a Conference team (Dagenham & Redbridge) I was wondering who else here supported a team in say League 1 or below?

im a Arsenal supporter, as well as Westham, but i DO follow Dagenham and Redbridge as a pure local club.

I couldnt say i support them though, as ive only seem them once.

Soldato
swanseajack said:

Credit to Brentford they came to play, but agaiin out players where like oh, all we have to do is turn up etc.

Anyone want Kenny Jackett? Plz take him off our hands, more tactics in a water melon then in his brain pffft.
Thats funny, its just what we feel about our Bees! It must be the pessimism that overtakes us at the end of the season...still, should be a nail biter on Sunday, are you going to Griffin Park?.
What galls me is that I spent a small fortune on a pocket DAB radio so I can listen to the match on Sunday when I'm away up in Yorkshire....now I dont think my heart can take it :)

Associate
footman said:
Thats funny, its just what we feel about our Bees! It must be the pessimism that overtakes us at the end of the season...still, should be a nail biter on Sunday, are you going to Griffin Park?.
What galls me is that I spent a small fortune on a pocket DAB radio so I can listen to the match on Sunday when I'm away up in Yorkshire....now I dont think my heart can take it :)

Nah not going sunday, i do the internet comm on paltalk.

Your welcome to join us, our room is called the northbank, we get around 60-90 people in there for big games.

www.swanseajack.2ya.com <---- Details there.

:)

Soldato
swanseajack said:
Nah not going sunday, i do the internet comm on paltalk.

Your welcome to join us, our room is called the northbank, we get around 60-90 people in there for big games.

www.swanseajack.2ya.com <---- Details there.

:)
thanks for the invite but I dont think the internet has reached the part of Yorkshire Im going to!

Associate
swanseajack said:

So true, Knight was playing well and he takes him off for Trundle who is as fast as a dead slug. Can't wait for tomorrow, even though I can see Brentford winning this, gutted they have appealed the red card and the keeper is playing. Their other one couldn't kick for ****!

Associate
FC1983 said:
So true, Knight was playing well and he takes him off for Trundle who is as fast as a dead slug. Can't wait for tomorrow, even though I can see Brentford winning this, gutted they have appealed the red card and the keeper is playing. Their other one couldn't kick for ****!

Hopefully our players will wake up and play like they can, always thought this season we seem to play better away from home so you never know.

What gets on my nerves is the way Jackett sends a sub on that is the same as the player he took off, Bayo for Fallon etc.

If we are losing tomorow with 10 mins to go what I want to see is everyone up, makes no diff if we lose 2-0 lets just go for it, nothing to lose !!!!

Back
Top Bottom