Any Mini (2000 onwards) owners about?

Soldato
Great cars. Not the best on a long drive mind...enjoy it though
Coming from my mx5 it'll be like a 5 series :D

Got to decide whether to get a rac warranty plan or not bother after the initial included year as mini quote about 80 a month for fully comprehensive cover. I remember fox talking about how ridiculous it was so I'll have to think about what's best for me.

Man of Honour
Wait until the quote comes through, it used to be the case that the Cooper S policy was double the price of the regular car for no good reason (twice the price of a 1 series with the same engine too). But I have heard a few people saying it's changed now.

I wish I had a Cooper S :D

Soldato
Wait until the quote comes through, it used to be the case that the Cooper S policy was double the price of the regular car for no good reason (twice the price of a 1 series with the same engine too). But I have heard a few people saying it's changed now.

I wish I had a Cooper S :D

Yup, it's a lot cheaper than it used to be. Here's the policy I renewed in July 2020 for our F55 Cooper S:

Fp5GCyD.png

Soldato
Found an annoying issue on our Mini, the door seal is like sand paper and scrapped the paint away from the door shut. This turns out to be a common fault on the frameless doors 3M PPF stops it from happening strange they don't apply this at the factory it was thought to be fixed on the LCI but it's clearly not. Looks like the dealer will repaint the door shut, replace the door seal and then apply protection film.

Annoyed I didn't read about this issue earlier as I could have easily prevented it by applying 3M tape I use on my mountain bikes.

Man of Honour
Yup, it's a lot cheaper than it used to be. Here's the policy I renewed in July 2020 for our F55 Cooper S:

Fp5GCyD.png

This is absolutely infuriating. Whilst it wasn't the sole factor behind deciding to opt for a Cooper instead it certainly contributed to the decision.

It made absolutely no sense so I'm glad they've reconsidered.

Soldato
Holy moly! That's a no brainer if I can get the same.

What age of car was that you did it on?

First registered in July 2016, and I've never let the warranty lapse.

I love the current Cooper S so much. I probably drive it more than my car which cost 3x more. I'd love to replace the Cooper S with a LCI Clubman JCW but that's at least 2-3 years away from happening.

Soldato
First registered in July 2016, and I've never let the warranty lapse.

I love the current Cooper S so much. I probably drive it more than my car which cost 3x more. I'd love to replace the Cooper S with a LCI Clubman JCW but that's at least 2-3 years away from happening.
The one I've bought is a November 2016 approved used car so will be interested to see... is it likely to change much if at all if the warranty has ever lapsed?

Loved my test drive and looking forward to using the LED headlights and XL screens, quite the upgrade from my MX5!

Associate
I've always considered picking one of the Cooper S models up for cheap, even though the use of the mini name is a bit sacrilegious imo.
My mum used to have a diesel one and even that was still fun to drive!

Associate
I just bought a 2005 Mini Cooper for a laugh, cost next to nowt and thought it could be fun.

It's really lumpy at low revs in all gears but a little trooper above 2,5-3,000 rpm.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

When the car is warm, does it idle ok or does it bounce around a bit? When was the last time it had an oil change?

Man of Honour
It's so annoying. The Cooper was the right car for her at the time as she had a big commute but it's now our second car and sits in the garage at the moment, it would have been ideal as a Cooper S :D

Soldato
My warranty ran out 3 years ago. Looks like I've save a fortune so far by not buying a warranty - but then i also use Bet365 so guess its gambling either way. :D

Our car has never been back to Mini for anything except servicing and rear brake pads, so we've "wasted" a fair amount of money on the warranty. It is however very easy to sleep at night knowing that if it blows up, it was £380 well spent.

Back
Top Bottom