Any Mini (2000 onwards) owners about?

Soldato
Ah, makes sense! Thanks :) It's only really a problem if you share a car, because the projection screen is so small it makes a big difference when you move the seat forwards and backwards often.

You can save different HUD settings/stereo/ac settings as profiles and assign them to each key so the HUD is at the right height for each driver without needing to adjust it manually.

Soldato
You can save different HUD settings/stereo/ac settings as profiles and assign them to each key so the HUD is at the right height for each driver without needing to adjust it manually.

Oh cool, thanks. I put the spare key in a safe place the day we bought the car and never looked at it again. I probably won't bother because it's not my car and there's only a 3" difference in height between us so it's not a major problem.

Man of Honour
Ah, makes sense! Thanks :) It's only really a problem if you share a car, because the projection screen is so small it makes a big difference when you move the seat forwards and backwards often.

My biggest annoyance is that you couldn't spec memory seats. Having to manually adjust everything each time I drive the car is really frustrating.

Soldato
My biggest annoyance is that you couldn't spec memory seats. Having to manually adjust everything each time I drive the car is really frustrating.

I could see that being an issue if there was a significant height difference between the drivers. Fortunately for us we don't have to adjust the side mirrors, the driver's seat only requires two clicks forwards or backwards, and very seldom do I ever need to adjust the rearview mirror.

Soldato
They won't have a clue. Dealers have no involvement with the insured warranty product beyond seeking authorisation for claims. If you want to know, you should ring Mini warranty. They are generally very helpful and are happy to provide you with pricing based on factors you give them (ie, if i renew, what would it cost, etc).

Our Cooper is 3 years old in January so interesting to see what the pricing looks like for me.
Quoted £323pa for comp without breakdown with a 250 excess or 460 with a 100 excess, that's more like it!

Another £56 or so for breakdown on each.

It does more than double when over 60k but as the car is on 26k I should get a good 2/3 years of lower pricing as I doubt I'll renew if it's over £700 for the year.

Thanks for your suggestion to call, they were very helpful!

One question I have is if the car is on 59k and is up for renewal do I get the whole year at the lower price? And can I renew early if I know its going to go over 60k?

Soldato
Collected it yesterday, very happy indeed. Pleasantly surprised how good it was on the drive back home (250 miles on motorways). Really enjoying the tech and the lights are superb.
Pp93CWQ.jpg

nas

nas

Associate
Nice, had one as a courtesy car in the past.

Auto or Manual?

Yet to test drive the F56 JCW, but the majority tend to be autos despite personal preference being manual.

Soldato
Is there a specific washer fluid which is recommended for the F56? I only ask as I remember there being something very odd about BMWs needing special fluid to avoid issues with the system. Or am I going mad :p

Soldato
Following on from my thread about possibly replacing my R50 Mini Cooper...

I've read in this thread about insured warranty. I didn't even realise this was a thing. Comprehensive warranty, with £250 excess and no roadside assistance is just £344.44 (or £455 with £100 excess). This seems exceptional value for a car nearly 18 years old, and much cheaper than buying a new car.

Does anyone have any experience of getting work done under the extended warranty scheme?

To the OP: I find the R50 only really comes to life above 4000 revs :)

Soldato
Yup, it's a lot cheaper than it used to be. Here's the policy I renewed in July 2020 for our F55 Cooper S:

Fp5GCyD.png

Warranty renewal time and it’s £380 again. I checked how much it would cost to insure the same model that doesn’t have a warranty and it’s £697 for the same level of cover. Methinks I’ll keep extending it.

Back
Top Bottom