Any Pinball enthusiasts on here?

Man of Honour
Used to love playing them many moons ago...

Did ask my wife what she thought of one at home but her response wasn't to positive, "Over my dead body". :D

Man of Honour
I like The Pinball Arcade game. I was going to look into purchasing a The Addams Family, Terminator 2 and Theatre of Magic physical tables one time long ago, but this is almost just as good and doesn't cost £thousands

Permabanned
As per topic really.

Looking to purhcase my first machine soon and wondering whether OcUK has some of its own enthusiasts.

:)

I am toying with making one. They are very similar to the arcade machines I have made in the past. Infact they look a lot easier due to the button confirgutation (just 2 or 3).

http://hackaday.com/2015/04/11/building-a-pinball-emulator/

Ever considered making one? at least this way you have have a varity of tables :)

Soldato
Hands up.

There's another guy on the forum called pike, he's an owner like me. Looking at your location, you don't appear to be a million miles away from Bury, aka the Arcade Club.

If your looking for a table, it's best to hit up contacts, talk to the guys there for a better price than bay auctions.

You can get lucky on a table from the bay, but only really if nobody else is interested in the machine.

But yeah, big time on pinball since I was a few feet tall.

Man of Honour
I keep looking at getting a table. I'd love a Terminator 2 or Addams Family machine, they're the two I played incessantly, but they're both buttock clenchingly expensive. Got to spend a few hours with a near mint condition Addams Family in the US one last year and it reignited the urge...

Virtual Pinball may be the answer. Got many of the bits needed to built one sitting around already.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hands up.

There's another guy on the forum called pike, he's an owner like me. Looking at your location, you don't appear to be a million miles away from Bury, aka the Arcade Club.

If your looking for a table, it's best to hit up contacts, talk to the guys there for a better price than bay auctions.

You can get lucky on a table from the bay, but only really if nobody else is interested in the machine.

But yeah, big time on pinball since I was a few feet tall.

Me and my daughter are regular vistors to the Arcade Club and that is what has reignited my love. She adores the Addams Family Pinball and considering the amount of play the ones get at the club it is in decent condition.

I am going to look at a No Fear machine on friday, for a decent price.

:)

Soldato
I would love one but they bloody expensive, loud and big.

Some go for thousands and the repairs and parts don't come cheap either.

Associate
I love pinball ...... especially the 90's Bally & Williams tables licensed with movies/tv shows, quite inventive tables some of them :)

Soldato
Street Fighter pinball would be my choice if I had the space. So many hours of my youth were enriched by this machine.

Also +1 for the Addams Family!

Back
Top Bottom