any Samsung Tab A7 or S7 Owners?

Soldato
Android tablets are both utterly brilliant, and at the same time utterly terrible.

I've been using a 2020 ipad pro for a while but that's not without it's share of issues either (mainly, apples walled garden which is fair enough). Hardware and software wise, perfect.

anyway, the mrs has claimed it so I thought I'd treat myself to the new 2020 Samsung A7 tab.

It came out last week, and for the money I don't think you can beat it. Have to say, it 'was' brilliant, and being able to download torrents without messing about with developer accounts was a breeze. The icing on the cake was both my external keyboard and mouse worked in Microsoft remote desktop, something you can't do on an ipad. So I'm now an android tablet convert.

Now here comes the problem. It's quite a big one. I noticed when using one of my photos as the wallpaper, the image looked god awful. I mean, really bad. To make things worse, it seemed to constantly flicker between awful and god awful every second. Very strange. When viewing the photo in google photos, it was crystal clear, but when used as a wallpaper it looks terrible. Tried the inbuilt samsung ones, and they do the same. I've been through image editors, 3rd party launchers, wallpaper apps (yeah, yeah, typical android I know) etc etc and the issue is with the tablet....probably the software.

Considering it's what you look at most of the time, it's unacceptable so it's going back tomorrow for a refund. You have to laugh when sat side by side with an ancient ipad air with a broken sceen, the ipad puts it to shame. Come on guys, either do it properly or don't bother.

My question is, can someone check this on there A7 or even S7 please. The last thing I want to do is get another one only to find it's a samsung issue (let's face it, it'll never get fixed). If it doesn't do it on an S7, I'll simply upgrade. The performance boost would be nice, but I'm a bit loathed to pay £600 (£550 for me through work) for a samsung tab using LCD not AMOLED......and I'm also reluctant to pay £400 for the s5e with AMOLED but using an old snapdragon which is the same performance as my A7 lol

Soldato
I'm still using my old galaxy tab s2 8.4 and if I set a 1440p picture as my wallpaper it is pin sharp.

No idea if Samsung has done something with newer models.

Man of Honour
Sounds like an issue with the tablet to be honest; I have had most of the latest S Series (S4/S5e/S6) and never had issues like that.

I don't have the S7 (I bought the S7+) but I've not seen anything like that

Associate
Hi mate, same identical problem here with Samsung A7 2020. The Home wallpaper flickers and is in low resolution. The same wallpaper in the lock screen or in the gallery it's perfect. The flickering involves only the home wallpaper and not icons or menu. If you hold down the finger on home, to let multiple desktops appear, if you click the small home button on top you will cause the wallpaper flickering. It's a software problem and it's really annoying

Soldato
OP
Hi mate, same identical problem here with Samsung A7 2020. The Home wallpaper flickers and is in low resolution. The same wallpaper in the lock screen or in the gallery it's perfect. The flickering involves only the home wallpaper and not icons or menu. If you hold down the finger on home, to let multiple desktops appear, if you click the small home button on top you will cause the wallpaper flickering. It's a software problem and it's really annoying

Thanks mate. It went back for a refund in the end and I got a better model.

Back
Top Bottom