1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any suggestions for 4-5 player co-op play games?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by NeilF, 10 Mar 2010.

1. NeilF

Capodecina

OK, we've done L4D & L4D2 to death. Can anyone suggest any multiplayer, preferably co-op, games a group of us can try please?

ps: We tried World In Conflict but it didn't hold much appeal for long.

2. Knubje

Soldato

Boderlands is 4 player co-op I believe? Although I haven't tried it as it doesn't look my cup of tea some people really love it.

3. JimAroo

Mobster

4. NeilF

Capodecina

Sorry, we've been there and done that too. The biggest problem with it is, is as soon as one or two of you get a couple of level out with everyone else it gets daft...

5. NeilF

Capodecina

6. JimAroo

Mobster

Memory puzzles! :D

7. NeilF

Capodecina

Oh! I assume you're kidding?

8. JimAroo

Mobster

No really it is, it's quite fun. :p

9. Amnesia

Sgarrista

if you like rts games then you could try supcom forged alliance ...survival maps

10. NeilF

Capodecina

Can it be played co-op? eg: 4-5 humans vs X AIs?

11. NeilF

Capodecina

Do any of the Total War games allow co-op play vs AI?

12. Amnesia

Sgarrista

ive only played 1 survival map which allowed 4 players- upto 4 players must fend off waves of computer attacks and eventually kill the computer bases.

not sure if other maps support more players...

13. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

call of duty world at war has coop, but not sure if it is more than two players.

14. NeilF

Capodecina

Did they ever fix America's Army 3? That would surely allow 5 or more people to play co-op?

15. Spunj99

Mobster

Any kind of games you dislike?

Titan Quest (+ addon) was a lot of fun running through with 3 friends...think you can have up to 6?

16. eekfek

Soldato

Sins Of A Solar Empire ? can be played co-op or versus with AI over massive maps, has elements of epic space battles, pirates , diplomacy, research, colonization of new planets, you can back stab your friends and more importantly it can also be saved at any point - truly superb game which can be tailored to however you want ...

17. NeilF

Capodecina

And it's the kind of game that lends itself to playing 4-5 player co-op? (rather than vs?)

18. Kharbyne

Gangster

19. Indy500

Capodecina

Serious Sam, Total Annihilation (although that's really up to team 5v5 skirmish as opposed to "co-op" in the true sense)

20. eekfek

Soldato

The game is a full on '4x strategy' which plays like an RTS but with deeper research and diplomatic elements. You could theoretically use the Map Designer and have 50 players with thousands of worlds then decide who wants to team up in groups and fight it out or all band together agains AI and Pirates.

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/features.aspx <- Visit the Website and have a look at the full list of features.

I've played many many games co-op with a mate and don't see why having 4 or 5 of you doing the same thing would be any different, and in my opinion it's one of the best games released of recent years. Not sure if theres a demo but the game is widly acclaimed and reviews generally give it close to max scores but I'd read up about it and make sure it's the type of game you would enjoy.