Any UK broadband ISP with no contract and no setup fee?

Associate
I'm moving into a new house in January but only for a couple of months (maybe as short as one month actually) before leaving the country. I know it has previously had Sky TV if that makes any difference...

I'm hoping to get some kind of broadband internet in the property for the short time I'm going to be there. I've found some providers that do no-contract deals but even they seem to charge a £50 'setup fee' (I assume for the modem/router or what have you) which just isn't worth it to me when I'm only going to be there for a month. I still have my own cable modem and router from the last time I had fiber (with PlusNet, IIRC), but I guess they'd probably need to install some kind of box onto the telephone line, if fiber was even available....not that I think that'd stop them from charging a setup fee but if it was something I could do myself and avoid an engineer callout fee that'd be good. Also, an ISP where I wouldn't wait 4 weeks for an install would also be great.

Anyway, if anyone knows a way around this or can point me in the direction of a good no-contract/no-setup fee provider (or a lot less than £50, anyway) that'd be great.

Alternatively, if it were possible to just pay for a month and then cancel within like 14 days or something for a refund, that'd probably be passable too....!

Associate
OP
Thanks, I am considering that too (I'm actually with Three at the moment) but the house is kind of in the middle of nowhere and whilst it recently went from NO signal to half-decent signal, I'm not sure whether it'd be good enough for, say, keeping me on Netflix for a month....!

Soldato
If they don’t charge a fee then you’ll normally pay a larger monthly cost, unfortunately no matter who you go with, activating the service and providing equipment has a cost, you either pay up-front, or on an ongoing basis. The only real viable option is the one pointed out already, PAYG mobile data.

Soldato
You will struggle to find something that meets your requirement, remember the ISPs are there to make money from recurring monthly revenues and not to help us out.

Something data or LTE related on PAYG would most likely be best but as you have said the rural location may be an issue. Flip side, it’s only a month.

Back
Top Bottom