1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any upgrades planned for the MBP?

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Tom84, 1 Jun 2010.

1. Tom84

Capodecina

Having decided to get a new MBP over an iPad I now need to know what the possibilities are of the uni-body design being scrapped/altered in the next 12 months or so?

Any ideas?

2. nicktay2605

Mobster

Within 12 months? It's almost certain that will happen, though I've absolutely no clue when in those 12 months. The last few years they have updated them in March/April and then again in September/October, but people are claiming that won't happen this year and they won't be updated until early next year. I think it's almost certain they will have been updated by June next year though. My advice would be get one now, I doubt they'll ditch the unibody design any time soon.

3. Spyhop

Soldato

I don't think the unibody design is going anywhere for some time.

They seem to stick with good designs once they find them (Late-PowerBook/MBP, PM-G5/MacPro).

4. theheyes

Sgarrista

This is one of those things that you really shouldn't say through fear of it biting you in the ass... but I can't really think of a way they could drastically improve the unibody design.

Sure, things like port configurations can change and maybe they could make it a bit lighter, but if you need one now then go for it.

5. AbsenceJam

Mobster

They've just had an update, best time to buy.