any way to upgrade to RTM using a win 8 pro key?

Associate
I was reading online that a lot of the RTM copies are now available in the ehter and I was wondering what would happen to our licences and if we used one on our windows 8 pro systems to update them to 8.1?

Is it even possible? Would your license key get a boo boo on it? I am just bored and fancy upgrading early to it before October 17th

I am not referring to upgrading the 8.1 preview, just a vanilla 8 pro copy of windows.

Iain

Soldato
You can upgrade now but you need to use the CD Key MS provide you on the 8.1 download page however come the end of January you'll need to format again.

I attempted it using my win8 pro key and it didn't like it had to use the MS provided one.

Soldato
You can upgrade now but you need to use the CD Key MS provide you on the 8.1 download page however come the end of January you'll need to format again.

I attempted it using my win8 pro key and it didn't like it had to use the MS provided one.

you use the MS one provided then once installed you update with your pro key or like me my windows media version
every things fine then

Back
Top Bottom