Anybody at or going to Surrey University?

Soldato
Slowly they are forming the manor park campus near the research park with a lot of accommodation now and the new sports park. Give it a 5 or 10 years and most of the accommodation will probably be there. Bulldozing the Varsity too!

Aye, ready mid 2010 I think...I did a bit of work with the guys over on varsity that are in charge of the Sports Park, is going well. :)

Is there a gym and stuff on campus? What are the clubs and societies like? I might pick up a bit of archery if there's an archery club :)

There is but it's generally seen to be crap and overpriced. There is a Holiday Inn in Surrey that has a great one from what I've heard from the guys I used to work with. :)

When the Sports Park is open and running then the gym over there should be damn good, certainly the facilities look very promising. :)

Surrey Sports Park is the site for the one being built.

UniSport is the site for the currey sports facilities

Last edited:
Soldato
There is but it's generally seen to be crap and overpriced. There is a Holiday Inn in Surrey that has a great one from what I've heard from the guys I used to work with. :)

I can agree with that - I didn't sign up, but had an induction and the facilities are great - 24 hour too.

Jonny69 - Give me a shout nearer the time and I can show you about town if you like, I know it well :)

Associate
Don't go to it, but am still in Guildford until the 26th, then off to Sussex!

Edit: actually have signed up to the gym you're talking about, its £20 signup fee £14.99 a month thereafter, very reasonable and open 24/7.

The only problem is the lack of free weights, although they said they may be adding more (as it is not staffed you can guess why).

Anything else you want to know about Guildford as a town just ask (not hot on student questions though)

Last edited:
Associate
Is there a gym and stuff on campus? What are the clubs and societies like? I might pick up a bit of archery if there's an archery club :)

I think my old flatmate runs the Archery now. I hope you like Star Trek, talking about preserving slugs and small insects and the barbarity of roast meals :)

It's a campus university, which are great. If your single a mature man can well make easy pickings of the young eager yet naive ladies. :D

I'm sure this is nothing to do why freshers week happens a week before everyone else returns to uni lol.

Back
Top Bottom