Anybody here use a suspension seat post?

Man of Honour
I'm getting to that age and injuries where a padded seat doesn't help much and I'm now thinking about buying a suspension seat post.
The Suntour SP12 looks good but can anyone recommend something as good but cheaper?
Or perhaps you have a Suntour and think it's crap.

Thanks

Soldato
@SexyGreyFox I've been playing with ideas that might help with lower back pain after longer rides, do you reckon this might help?

It would be great for you to post a quick review, does it hinder peddling by bobbing up and down etc...

Glad your butt is happier :cry:

Soldato
I have a Thudbuster. Kinda nice but I took it off because I think one of the pieces is missing and it makes a right racket when I'm out of the saddle over bumps.

Man of Honour
OP
@SexyGreyFox I've been playing with ideas that might help with lower back pain after longer rides, do you reckon this might help?

It would be great for you to post a quick review, does it hinder peddling by bobbing up and down etc...

Glad your butt is happier :cry:

I haven't given it a big ride yet but will do tomorrow when I go to work.
It does work but I suspect it works better if you are on rougher ground so hitting potholes tomorrow will be better.
It also doesn't hinder pedaling because it doesn't go up and down like a clown seat, it just smooths the bumps.
I've also been looking at this to put on it, I don't care about it being a womans - https://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/components-c169/saddles-c262/saddle-upper-class-ladies-p98563

Associate
mainly based from this thread i got myself one and yes it relay makes a difference, on a voodoo marasa, fitted with bofang mid drive and 13.5aH battery almost doubling total weight, totally removes jarring shock from the rear, but feeling said shock in the front and having issues with wrist pain when riding (6 -10 mile commute each way), also fitted a suntour XCR fork, and life line ergo grips, much nicer to use now, find myself deliberately hitting bad bits of road that i used to avoid.

Man of Honour
OP
mainly based from this thread i got myself one and yes it relay makes a difference, on a voodoo marasa, fitted with bofang mid drive and 13.5aH battery almost doubling total weight, totally removes jarring shock from the rear, but feeling said shock in the front and having issues with wrist pain when riding (6 -10 mile commute each way), also fitted a suntour XCR fork, and life line ergo grips, much nicer to use now, find myself deliberately hitting bad bits of road that i used to avoid.

Mine is used on two self converted eBikes but my problem is one seatpost is 27.2mm and the other is 31.6mm so I bought the 27.2 Suntour and a shim so that it fits in a 31.6mm.
I've also bought a wider seat made by Selle, not sure which model but it's a lot better for my ass.

selleseat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom