• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anybody known the real PCB length for: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X card?

Associate
Well, I spent a lot of time (trying to) figure out what lengths various RTX 2070 and RX 5700 XT cards have and it was tricky.

I was unable to confirm the pcb card length for the following card, anybody know?

I have been looking for such cards that are below 270 mm long. With a little luck, this card might perhaps be shorter without the fan and the heatsink.

MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X

Here is a pcb photo found online apparently showing the RX 5700 XT gaming X card.

https://ibb.co/NLdx8YY (uploaded image, don't know why my images aren't showing dirctly in the forum thread)

Last edited:
Associate
Here's what I did to get the length of the ROG Strix.

measure the length of the PCI edge connector in the photograph. Measure one of your spare card PCI edge connector and work out the ratio. Then measure the length of the card in the photo and use your ratio to estimate the length of the card in the photo.

If you don't have one to measure, then the lengths are available online

http://read.pudn.com/downloads166/ebook/758109/PCI_Express_CEM_1.1.pdf (page 74)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@ red eye

That would be really nice if you could. I got the impression that reference cards are rather short. The AMD RX 5700 XT are problematic, because I am considering adding a particular VRM heatsink to whatever card I might end up with (perhaps), and then, the reference AMD cards seem to have the VRM's just over the end of the PCI-E connector thingy (and then this one particular vrm heatsink won't fit). The MSI XT Gaming X card seem to be a little longer I think, while also perhaps being under 270mm pcb length. The case I am considering have a stated limit of cards up to 270 mm for the pcb.

Associate
@ red eye

That would be really nice if you could. I got the impression that reference cards are rather short. The AMD RX 5700 XT are problematic, because I am considering adding a particular VRM heatsink to whatever card I might end up with (perhaps), and then, the reference AMD cards seem to have the VRM's just over the end of the PCI-E connector thingy (and then this one particular vrm heatsink won't fit). The MSI XT Gaming X card seem to be a little longer I think, while also perhaps being under 270mm pcb length. The case I am considering have a stated limit of cards up to 270 mm for the pcb.
im mm
296L x 123W

this is measured from backplate which is the same dimensions of the pcb for the width, length is taken from the case to end of back plate so as it sits in my case excluding pci connector and io panel.

I did measure the card out of the case but I seem to have misplaced that receipt

Associate
Have you measured the inside of the case yourself?
I think the ref cards are 270mm but like I said listed but as I found with my 290 the listed dimensions and my measurements differ by a few mm, the cooler also overhangs the pcb by 5mm I think.
For ref card
Power color on ocuk says 284.8 x 126.47 x 42 mm
Msi website says 270x 110x 40 mm

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No, I don't currently own the computer case in question (Monsterlabo). Seems to me, the stated limit is 270mm pcb length. Too bad sellers don't seem to care for providing illustrations with measurements. :|

I wonder if maybe I only require the length of the pcb part itself, not really sure about that one. I do know that I would want to know the length of the card, but without the heatsink/fans.

The compatibility list for the Monsterlabo case is very limited with regard to RX 5700 cards, I think I only saw one on the list. Hm, perhaps the only 5700 card I saw on that list, was the: "AMD Radeon RX 5700 – riser – fixture 017"

Crap. I think if the 'MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X' card is 296 mm length for the pcb as you measured then I might be out of luck on that particular graphics card option. I will keep investigating this. I think, if I could use the RX 5700 XT card, I could downvolt it to keep the card cooler.

Disclaimer: I don't like namedropping products, so this is just me trying to figure things out for myself really. Monsterlabo might be something that could work for me, but I only learned about the case yesterday or something like that.

Associate
I have notice that gpus are getting bigger.
My 290 ref is longer but a bit narrower than my msi 6950 twin frozr and my gaming x is both longer and wider than my 290.
I could just about fit a ex240 in my Corsair 470 air with the res in the lower rear. With my gaming x I need to cut a 5mm slot in the rad to clear the gpu, I also need to drill holes for mounting the rad.
Next gpu upgrade I’ll need to get a bigger case one of them huge towers and I guess I’ll be sorted for a long time

Back
Top Bottom