anybody NOT renewing your Xbox live sub

Caporegime
I've just looked up about live and this article http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/23/over-half-of-xbox-live-users-had-gold-accounts-in-2008/ is interesting.If you increase gold to 10million people and say they pay $40 a year then that's $400 million MS are making from subscriptions alone.
And there is no way you get a $400million service with live!

1. Since when do companies provide products/services for no profit?
2. A product/service is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Soldato
I havent renewed mine, it ran out months ago. I know its cheap, but right now I have other cheap things i'd rather purchase. I have no requirement for live at the present time. Although in future i will be buying it again, i'm just in no rush

Soldato
Whoa, you're getting ripped off if you're paying £5 a month for live.

I know but tbh I can't be bothered to shop around as it's easier to just have it done automaticaly from my debit card, and I don't want to take out a 12month sub because I can't get a refund if I decide I don't want it anymore :(

Soldato
Decided im joining the club really getting peed with having to have gold to play the games online were as psn you dont, dont get me wrong i do think xbl is better imo BUT the basic of playing mp should be free imo.

Thou saying that ill end up with gold again eventually just will be awhile yet

Soldato
NO, just renewed for another 12 months,

Shame it isn't free, £27 a year is a bit pricey for it on a lot of levels.

It's just the global convenience of party chat/cross game invites etc that keep me liking XBL, the rest of it is just 'stuff' that I would gladly drop for free, hell I'd even accept more advertising in the menu's etc if they'd make it free..

Soldato
I just renewed mine for another year (have code but am away til sunday so will use it then). For me live is worth the £26 I paid for it, if nothing i can chat to mates whilst we play different games. I do play mw2 which is a lot of fun, gears 2 online in the past and fifa so for me its a no brainer. Id prefer it to be free of course but at least when live buggers up i can still play offline :)

I do think we should have dedicated servers as standard though.

Soldato
I doubt i'll renew mine. I've probably spent less than an hour online overall with it in the past 6 months. The only game that interests me in the future is Alan Wake which is a single player game so there's no reason to keep it for that.

Soldato
I will still be renewing my sub but i am going to concentrate on pc gaming more now as i have a become a owner of a set of nvidia 3d vision Glasses and also want to get my money's worth out of my newish pc.

Back
Top Bottom