Anyone been to Texas - what to do

Associate
So in March 2016 myself and a couple of friends will be heading to Texas for a couple of weeks. The plan so far:

Fly to Houston, then go to (in no particular order) Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Lynchburg and Atlanta.

We so far have a few ideas of things to do, these being Jack Daniels tour, Dollywood theme park, Gracelands tour, Clinton library, Tour of the Alamo & Johnson Space centre.

So for anyone who has been to these places is there anything you would recommend to do or go and see that we haven't though of yet.

Thanks.

Soldato
Was there in 2011, Space centre is a 100% do i really liked it. Odd but food was one major thing to try whilst i was out there different food chains. I went to the Reliant stadium to watch NFL also which was awesome.

Associate
OP
Was there in 2011, Space centre is a 100% do i really liked it. Odd but food was one major thing to try whilst i was out there different food chains. I went to the Reliant stadium to watch NFL also which was awesome.

Not to sure what sport is on around March time but definitely will look into it. Thanks.

Man of Honour
I did a trip like this back in 2009. Route was Dallas - Austin - San Antonio - Houston (via La Grange) - Galveston - New Orleans. I'd skip Dallas and Little Rock. If you're heading East out of Texas try spending a night or two in New Orleans.

Austin is a great city as is San Antonio.

Soldato
Salt lick grill is somewhere to visit in Austin, very good bbq. It's been on man vs food if you want to look it up. Also, you could go shoot some guns, we went to a good outdoor range that had all sorts of things to play with. Pete's piano duelling bar is good fun too in downtown Austin.

What are you doing in Memphis? I live an our outside of Memphis and the only touristy thing to do there is walk down Beale street, oh and Elvis if you're into that. Flying Saucer is a nice bar if you like your beer, there have a pretty vast selection.

If you're going to Nashville and are into your history there are some good civil war tours in a town just south of there called Franklin.

Man of Honour
If you like motorsport check out the Austin GP circuit as I am told it's a great place to spectate. I'm also a board advisor to a couple of tech start ups in Austin so if you want a coffee in one of those buildings full of brains the size of worlds and soft cushions with break out areas, let me know :D

Back
Top Bottom