Anyone been to Turkey?

Man of Honour
SexyBetty said:
Any ideas for things to do in and around Bodrum? :)

Pro-am vomiting, the all stars diarrhea challange, guess the meat, guess the vegatable, the family favourite of dice with death and drink the water and the first person to kill a thousand mosquitos game. My personal favourite was trying to avoid the locals stabbing me - there is something for everyone. Hope you have a lovely holiday. :)

Soldato
SexyBetty said:
Well we've had flight confirmation today, Turkey for 7 nights 17th July :D

Bodrum Harbour is very nice and picture-esque, and you can visit the Halikarnas, (Europes lagest open air nightclub) held in the walls of Bodrum Castle (that's if it's still there....)

You can also nip over to Kos for a day trip, it's only about an hour by boat from Bodrum Harbour :)

Associate
i stayed in istanbul asian side with a family when i was there a few years ago,

its a lovly place very very hot when i was there, (2 weeks before those first big earthquakes :(

anyway i would suggest try as much of the food as possible as its all fresh fruit / veg / etc and i hope you like lots of spicey stuff as its im almost all meals, if you do get to istanbul taxi's are cheap and there is NO speed limit!!!!!! get out an go exploring its just the same as going around a big city here in the uk, except they dont speak the same lingo. get a tour guide on what to see, an point at it with the taxi drivers :D

loved my time there as i was staying with a turkish family so i may have got to see more than the average tourist,

Associate
SexyBetty said:
Well we've had flight confirmation today, Turkey for 7 nights 17th July :D

Gumusluk was lovely. A historical site so they can't build on it so it isn't spoiled. Underwater ruins apparently but I never found em :(

Bodrum castle is awsome. One of the finest examples of castle design around. Course, you got to like castles really.

Around Bodrum, Ephesus is astonishing with a amphitheatre that'll seat 25,000 (or is it 35,000). Don't bother with an organised tour (you'll spend most of the day in a carpet factory!). Just hop on a bus to Selcuk and walk the 20 mins to the site or catch a taxi. I'd stay over night in one of the cheap pensions and see it earlyish in the day to avoid the tour busses. Quite a pleasant place to spend a night.

Gumbut is a bit of a toilet tho'.

axe

axe

Suspended
When i went Turkey was great :D i never left the hotel mind you due to bombings in cusadaci like 5 days before ... and where was i .... in cusadci lol but my mates went into town and they said the meals where nice and also very cheap.

one thing is them Bloody Dutch lol

Back
Top Bottom