1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else getting their HSBC credit card replaced?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caged, 4 Jun 2010.

1. Caged

Capodecina

Both me and a friend of mine who live at different ends of the country have both had phone calls today from HSBC saying that our card details have appeared online somewhere and so they are being cancelled and new cards (MasterCard) sent out. I'm 100% sure it was HSBC since they gave me all the details and my card doesn't work any more.

Our spending habits are pretty different to each other but it's possible one retailer has been hit, I've not seen anything in the news though.

Anyone else had their HSBC card turned off today?

2. Sudden

Mobster

Not today, but happened to me a month or two ago. An online retailer as well. 30p charge was what I was told was attempted. They sent out a new card and was with me in a few days.

3. Dinomania

Mobster

I had that just under a year ago.

The poor woman, I was so arsey with her, expecting her to be a scammer.

But, she didn't want any detail out of me, just to tell me a new one was on its way - which of course it was.

4. sjcf1

Hitman

I haven't had my card replaced due to that, although I did once write my signiture on the magnetic strip on the back of the card, rendering it useless

5. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Not had that call but someone did try to purchase £2k worth of Blackberries through my Amazon account last week. :/