Anyone else's spelling awful?

Soldato
Mine is pretty bad, I make a point of trying very hard to check my spelling before posting stuff as it looks terrible, my handwriting is just awful :(

Soldato
My spelling is usually good but the problem I have is when I start second guessing myself and thinking my spelling is wrong and then I end up turning a word that is spelt correctly into one that isn't. :(

Permabanned
My spelling is above average according to what I see on the net. My handwriting is TERRIBLE, though.

When I don't know a word or how to spell it, it's straight in Dictionary.com. :p

Caporegime
I think my spelling has improved quite a bit over the past few years, especially since having a few dictionaries and thesauruses installed on my iPhone. :p

One of my problems which I seem to fail at improving on is paragraphing. :o

Soldato
I have never seen anyone with worse handwriting than me, it's literally like a spider stepped in some ink then ran across a page, I blame the computers!

Soldato
My spelling is pretty shocking; I've only just learnt how to spell avalible, jk. available.

Does anyone else have poor spelling? A possibility is that it could be down to computers. I.e. I've pretty much always used Word to write something, homework from year 7, coursework etc, etc. So I'll spell a word exactly how it sounds (which a lot of the time is wrong!) Then simply right click (or just F7 back in the day) and select the correct term without even looking/learning.

I read the correction and try to get it right next time.

Word has improved my spelling.

Soldato
My spelling is pretty good tbh. We used to have spelling tests every day in primary school. I was also a naughty boy so they used to make me copy from the dictionary.

Soldato
Generally mine is fine but I sometimes have really random mental blocks around really basic words. The longer and more complicated the word, the better I usually cope :)

I got a 1st in engineering in my 2nd year of engineering at Loughborough.

However give me a block of text to read and when I finish hardly any of it has gone in.

Numbers, equations, computers are my forte. My writing is pants and so is my spelling.

Back
Top Bottom