Anyone else's spelling awful?

Man of Honour
It's a good point about computers... I find if I write the word I spell it right if I can't spell it on the computer. Since I was at school all our work was done by hand, we didn't really have computers in every home, windows 95 was just about being kicked off and our school wanted hand written work anyway. I do think learning to write is important. Though I had a hard time as I learnt to write and spell in French, and the French teach calligraphy as a basis of how to write. Transporting that to an English environment was actually quite tough!

I don't really "know" English grammar. Bar some obvious poor sentence construction, split infinitives and small things like that. In French and other languages that I have studied you have to learn about pronouns, nouns, verbs, conjugation, future/past/present/conditional/many more tenses which changes the structure of the word. In English the grammar is a lot more subtle which makes it quite tough for people who like grammatical rules. It's fascinating though, and do enjoy seeing people discuss language in a group.

My spelling is pretty good however, I make mistakes when I type owing to typing quicker than I can do it accurately! Hand writing wise, I seldom make mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom