1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANyone going to Germany for the World Cup ?

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by DezUk, 11 May 2006.

1. DezUk

Wise Guy

Me and my old man are driving down to Germany for the opening week of the world cup just to soak up the atmosphere. I have never been to a wolrd cup before and never been to Germany, can anyone suggest the best place to be for this one as i want to make the most of it.

I dont have any tickets unfortunatley but sitting in the bars will do me fine :)

2. mightynimrod

Mobster

Fullspizz is going, got tickets for most of the games too.

3. Alchemy

Wise Guy

I would never have thought of going without tickets, but considering how flights are so cheap these days, and Germany is such a nice country I think it's a great idea.

4. BaZ87

Don

I have no idea but i wouldn't have thourght flights to Germany would be too cheap during the World Cup.

5. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Wont be cheap around world cup time

6. Duradrum

Wise Guy

I'm going to Eng v Swe on June 20. Cannot wait!

7. markk

Wise Guy

Yup :D

got tickets for Mexico vs Portugal, but will be popping down to cologne to watch england vs sweden in the pubs.

Mark.

8. Youstolemyname

Soldato

I might have to go with work. To watch games. How I hate my job sometimes... :D

9. wassap

PermaBanned

Yeah im going, i havent got any tickets tho, but as i work for a german company i can schedule some meetings in and around some games, in fact the england team are staying not too far away from the office!.

I managed to sort a hotel in frankfurt, 75euro a night in the excelsior, so im going to spend most of my time there soaking up the atmosphere, all the tents are going up as we speak, worrying thing is that alot of it still is being worked on, i have been in frankfurt this week and alot of stuff is yet to be finished.

Looks like there will be no chance of tickets for the england games, been quoted silly money for corporate tickets :(

Oh and flights are well dear if you fly to frankfurt, best bet is to fly from stanstead to baden baden (ryan air) as ba are getting rediculous, i paid a whopping 850 for my flight this week :o

10. Alchemy

Wise Guy

I wouldn't have thought there would be a great deal of difference. Also you could have booked flights months ago.

11. LoNeStaR*

Gangster

Yeah I'm off on the June 8th, got tickets for all England games except for one game if England finish 1st in the group for the round of 16 in Stuttgart. Staying for the month near N├╝rnberg. Can't wait :D

12. DezUk

Wise Guy

I don't have any tickets :(

Tickets for any of the games would be nice though, i don't fancy the idea of buying tickets over there though as you don't know if you are buying fakes or not.

13. alx

Soldato

Going with a group of uni mates from the 2nd to the 10th of July. Flying to Munich first, then to Berlin on the 6th in the time for the final. Haven't got any tickets but we are just there for the atmosphere :)

Last edited: 13 May 2006
  14. Vandle

Mobster

:eek:

15. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

this is on my things to do in my life list, see england play in a world cup