Anyone got a Jap PSP?

Associate
If the price is really that good i'd take it. If you end up not liking it you could just sell it on for what you got for it.

Associate
Does the X and O swapping bother a lot of people? Just wondering.. since I've played a lot of Japanese games on the PS2 and PSone, I'm just used to the button changes for different region games.

Soldato
No problems with mine whatsoever (had mine since last Febuary) the button layout is no problem, you get used to it really quick :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks to everyone who offered opinions. Just to clear things up once and for all:

• There are no issues with using UK firmware on a JAP PSP
  • UK firmware will not swap X and O buttons round in PSP menu
  • UK games will use UK button layout

And we're sure about that, yes?

Soldato
OP
Actually, I had heard that the Jap ones had a better screen (for a given value of better). Anyone able to shed some light on this rumour?

Soldato
OP
How are you getting around the Jap PSP / UK download situation, Tupac? The first game I'll want to buy is Wipeout Pure (probably the only one for now) and I'll obviously want to get my hands on the downloadable content available.

Have you experienced any issues or are you mainly using homebrew games at suchlike?

Soldato
i've had no problem getting the downloads, i just went to yourpsp.com - registered my psp (which i thought might be a problem as its a white jap one), hooked it up and downloaded all the stuff with no issues, uk version of the game mind.

Associate
I have 3 Jap PSP's the earliest since feb 05, never had 1 glitch with the two i use, the 3rd is locked up in a drawer with its version 1.0 firmware still intact

IMO best hand held ever, and with version 3.0 firmware coming soon with GPS and sony mail it only gets stronger

PSP2?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tupac said:
glitch, I just downloaded the firmwares from yourpsp.com and all was fine.

Got the spec of this?

Ta.

Not much info, but theres some here , supposed to getting a redesign like the DS as well, if you go to Google and put in PSP2 in the news search, then theres quite a bit of info comes up. :)

Associate
Cool, jumped the gun abit b4 sorry, now i cant edit my post?. The PSP sounds sweet 4GB embedded memory and digicam, id hate to see the price though

Caporegime
Pricewise it would be better to get a pda and the basic version of the psp. I dont use my psp much because there isnt any really good games out and my pda can do much more than the psp, and sd and cf cards are much cheaper and bigger than memory stick.

Back
Top Bottom