Anyone have a Hot Tub?

Soldato
Yup, I use a pump here too with a pipe straight into the drain. Takes about 15-20 minutes to empty. The biggest pain is getting the last inch or so of water out of the centre. Usually use a bucket followed by a large sponge to soak up the remaining water.

Wickes do a wet vac for just under £40, well worth it makes clearing the last bit only a couple of minutes work.

Caporegime
Yup, I use a pump here too with a pipe straight into the drain. Takes about 15-20 minutes to empty. The biggest pain is getting the last inch or so of water out of the centre. Usually use a bucket followed by a large sponge to soak up the remaining water.

Also a hard water area here, so chuck in
150g pH minus, 110ml anti-scale and 14g chlorine once it’s refilled. The water usually settles in the correct range after that.

Does it not have a drain outlet?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ah. Was going to use that. Thought it would come flying out with the weight of the water.

Some great advice in this thread!

I use the drain at the bottom, run a hose into the garden drain. Takes about an hour to completely empty. Hook it up and go about your day then come back, clean, start the refill.

Associate
At work I use a combination of a puddle pump (I use this one) and a wet vac to drain down any hot tub I'm working on. The puddle pump can pump down as low as 1mm, but will vary depending on the base of the tub. The final amounts are then easy to wet vac out. The wet vac is also good for sucking out the water from the jet pipework once the jet internals have been removed.

Back
Top Bottom