Anyone have experience with Trek bikes?

Soldato
Thinking of getting a 2021 X-Calibre 8 when they're released, but having never ridden one or knowing anybody who own one I'm at a loss. Have done the usual Google and Youtube and the general consensus is that they're pretty decent, but does anyone here have first hand experience?

mVEH58Rh.jpg

Associate
only heard good things about them but living in London and bikes getting stolen every now and then decided to just go for used road bikes for commute to work but the pandemic had other ideas.

Soldato
I'm still on an owner's page for a Trek model I owned and see nothing but good from people who have claimed on warranty etc. Which I believe for frames is lifetime !

Associate
i have a farley 5, i love it
feels great quality, though im a very unreliable source regarding bikes, i have nothing to compare it to, only just trying to start to ride again now, had it awhile now think iv managed about 20 miles total, 1 mile would be furthest in one go lol

Associate
yeah they are silly money, i can quite happily say i should have bought a normal mountain bike and gone for front and rear suspension instead
but my brain decided i was having one regardless of what anyone was telling me, we get good snow at times where i am and we also have quite a lot of big pebble roads, plus i go to the beach and thought it would be nice
now i just wish i had a lighter bike and that i was stable enough to actually ride it lol
but as a bike its very nice, simple

Soldato
In the market for a trek fuel ex 7. Went to a bike shop today and they can't get one until Feb! Guess my hardtail will have to see me through the winter, which may be a good thing I guess.

Associate
I like the look of those huge fat tyre bikes and would like to try one, but you can definitely hear them coming whether on track or roads. Even compared to 29er moutainbike tyres, they are multiple times louder.

Saw a family get shocked by the sound of one as someone rode by on one, they almost sound like a UFO humming from a distance.

Soldato
OP
Gave up trying to get the x-caliber 8, nowhere had any in stock and nowhere had any time frame for them to be in stock. So I ended up putting a deposit down on a 2021 GT Avalanche Expert instead. Just have to wait a bit now for the bike shop to get it in.

Associate
Amongst others, I have been looking at the new 2023 Trek FX 4 Sport. It looks a great bike, and although over £700 more (RRP) than others I've been looking at it does tick a lot of boxes.
I can get it at 10% off RRP though.
However, is it worth it? Like i read some information in this content, it apparently weighs in at 10.5kg. That's only 0.4kg less than the Whyte Stirling v3, nearly half a kilo heavier than the Giant Fast road SL1 and over half a kilo heavier than the Merida Speeder 400, and they are both around £700 cheaper!

Caporegime
Amongst others, I have been looking at the new 2023 Trek FX 4 Sport. It looks a great bike, and although over £700 more (RRP) than others I've been looking at it does tick a lot of boxes.
I can get it at 10% off RRP though.
However, is it worth it? Like i read some information in this content, it apparently weighs in at 10.5kg. That's only 0.4kg less than the Whyte Stirling v3, nearly half a kilo heavier than the Giant Fast road SL1 and over half a kilo heavier than the Merida Speeder 400, and they are both around £700 cheaper!

You won't care about that weight unless your full on racing.

Back
Top Bottom