Anyone here play Automobilista 2

Associate
2070 super and 3700x and play it in VR on a Rift S
Most options maxed out and it performs great.
One of the best racing games I've played on VR, truly immersive

Thanks for that. I've got Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione that I play in VR on the HP Reverb. Have you tried them and how do they compare on the VR?

Soldato
I've got Assetto Corsa and I'd say the performance and graphics quality in automobilista is much better.
You haven't got the range of vehicles but there are enough and there's plenty of tracks and the VR menus work better than assetto corsa, you can do everything from within VR.
I believe the sense of speed is also better but that's just subjective.

Associate
I have AMS2 and no problems with heat. Great in VR and game is developing nicely with regular new content getting added.

Soldato
It's great and by far the best performing good looking VR racer.

The downsides are a shallow single player experience, and multiplayer without any kind of structure. The roadmap is decent, but it's hard to totally recommend it unless you just want a single race v's the AI with a wonderfully odd selection of cars and tracks.

Some of the car track combos really do standout though, some of the best in sim racing.

Soldato
Yeah but the GT1's are just so good. And you can razz them around nords for fun, it's worth punting on AMS2 just because.

Just a pity i can still count on one hand with the amount of decent online races i've with the game, it needs simracing.gp support pronto. When a race does rock up it's generally very good, mini's, A class, GT4, stocks, V8's, great fun.

Associate
still full of bugs

Has a few bugs but nothing game breaking.
Reiza are working their socks off churning out updates, its a great sim now and will get even better.
The Gt1`s from the latest update are an absolute blast, physics and ffb improving all the time too.

Associate
Isn't it just a skinned version of PC2?

Its nothing like Pcars, anyone saying so are purely ignorant to it and never bothered to play it.
There is a hell of a difference between reiza and sms.
Reiza have proven time and time again they will support their products for a very long time constantly updating, SMS are nothing like this.

Associate
I'm temporarily racing using a Xbox pad rather than Wheel (due to using desk for WFH) and the pad settings are bugged. They wont save correctly, so every time you make an incremental change it wont save.

From what I have tried, its coming on nicely and I would happily race a lot more when this bug gets fixed.

Its nothing like Pcars, anyone saying so are purely ignorant to it and never bothered to play it.
There is a hell of a difference between reiza and sms.
Reiza have proven time and time again they will support their products for a very long time constantly updating, SMS are nothing like this.

I might pick this up then. I am very fond of racing games and vr. I play a lot of Dirt Rally 2 and ACC. This seems to tick my boxes. I didn't want to buy a game which I had already mastered, to my very limited ability of course.

Associate
It's the best of the bunch for vr apparently, I don't have vr so can't comment but it's really very good now and ever improving.

Back
Top Bottom