Anyone in IOM

Soldato
Hi, mrs looking at staff puppies and there are some in the IOM, they are cheap and cute, we cant get there to see them, have spoken to owners who seem ok, however just screams SCAM. You know the give us your address and the courier will phone to arrange del you bank transfer and bam...

Wondering if anyone lived on IOM near douglas (im2) who could just pop in and see puppies etc and if everything seems legit.

Thanks steve.

Associate
Shelters full of staffs sadly mostly from pretty grim homes could not imagine paying anything for one other than a donation to a shelter.

Not that i would ever get one I'm more of a Labrador, collie or Alsatian kind of guy.

Soldato
Go to any dogs home...they're crawling in the ultimate chav accessory.
Shelters full of staffs sadly mostly from pretty grim homes could not imagine paying anything for one other than a donation to a shelter.
You want a staffie? Adopt.
Go to your local rescue centre, last time I went they were full of them
Please look at a many shelters as you can first to see if you can find something suitable, rescues are filled to bursting with staffs looking for homes :(
All of this.

Soldato
Hi, mrs looking at staff puppies and there are some in the IOM, they are cheap and cute, we cant get there to see them, have spoken to owners who seem ok, however just screams SCAM. You know the give us your address and the courier will phone to arrange del you bank transfer and bam...

Wondering if anyone lived on IOM near douglas (im2) who could just pop in and see puppies etc and if everything seems legit.

Thanks steve.

This is 100% a scam. It has all the telltale signs - IOM, cheaper than anywhere else, courier (what responsible breeder couriers a puppy?!), bank transfer/WU etc.

Caporegime
Getting Staff pups shipped across from the IOM just sounds like a really dumb thing to do tbh...

Go and meet the dog(s) you're going to adopt, if you can't fly to the IOM and actually do this then perhaps look elsewhere, they're not exactly a rare breed as others have pointed out!

Associate
Go to a rescue centre. There are loads in there due to them being in the hands of the wrong people or those dump as they deem them not to be fashionable anymore. Dog ownership tends to go through trends. I think French Bulldogs, Chihuahuas and Pugs are bloody horrible things, but as you know they’re the latest accessory. The dogs homes will be full of those soon. The same thing happened with Rottweilers and Husky’s.
In truth, if you care for it properly, a Staffy is an excellent choice of dog who’ll be a loyal companion for life. And you won’t need to carry it around in your handbag.

Back
Top Bottom