Commissario
OP
I walked into town but nothing jumped out at me so I went back to the hotel, had three large G&Ts in my room, then met up with an ex colleague and ate a starter, side and pudding in the Beefeater.

Permabanned
I don't tend to take radios away with me and apart from the U3s I've got, nothing else does QRP. Life's too short! I don't think bringing a PSU, Kenwood 590 and an aerial is practical :)

Or probably wise these days, setting up sophisticated electronic gear in a hotel room might give the chambermaids the willies ;)

Soldato
Oh bloody hell. That really changes things! They also called me the other day...bit late calling someone at 6PM!

To be fair their curries have been great, so maybe it's the mice that added something special.

Yeah, they'd been 0 stars for ages but as soon as it came out in the local papers they got it back up to 3 stars (but still have a mice issue).

They called me at about 6pm on a Saturday using a random mobile number and my wife had a missed call from the same number about 45 minutes later so they were obviously trying to fill tables with offers.

It's a real shame as I tended to go there maybe once or twice a month as it was my favourite local curry house, the lack of food hygiene rating and comments when questioned about it shows more a lack of effort than awareness.

Commissario
OP
There is the burger box place a few doors up from macdonalds, but it’s overpriced. Burgers are nice though.
I went there this evening, excellent bacon cheese burger and a portion of chilli fries and I didn't think it was expensive at all. It helped that the woman asked if I worked locally to which of course my answer was "yes" so she gave me 10% discount. It was about eleven quid I think.

My suggestion if anyone fancies it is for Thursday evening in either the Slug & Lettuce for "Tanqueray Thursday" or the Wetherspoons. I know that 'spoons generally gets slated on here but I've never had a bad meal at one and the ale is cheap. I had steak and kidney pud last week for just over a fiver which left me more money for drinkies.

Pub food at the Ogilvy isn't bad either and they have some decent beers.

If anyone's up for it, let me know your preference out of those three for Thursday evening.

Soldato
Glad it worked out for you :) I had a takeaway from that burger box and found it just a little lacking for the price, but perhaps you're better off in the place.

The Ogilvy is my favourite pub in the centre of Woking. The beer selection is generally excellent.

Associate
Bulgogi in Woking is good for korean food/bbq, though I haven't been for a while
http://www.bulgogikorea.com/

Jeitta is good for Lebanese, but they don't serve alcohol
http://jeitta.com/

Cellar Magneval is adjacent to Jeitta, and is a great wine bar - but small.
https://www.cellarmagneval.com/

So's Kitchen is next to the train station and does excellent food, especially if you explore the "non standard" stuff outside of sweet and sour. No alcohol license in the sit down area, but you can BYO
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...views-So_s_Kitchen-Woking_Surrey_England.html

Commissario
OP
OK, nobody has said they’re interested in meeting this evening and I may have to work late so will give the idea a miss tonight.

Maybe next time I’m down here for a few days.

Soldato
You could go watch a show at the theatre there, it’s excellent. There’s an Italian resteraunt just next door which is very nice too.

I’d meet up for a (non-alcoholic) beer or whatever, but I’m afraid I have zero time at the minute!

Back
Top Bottom