Poll: Anyone jailbreak their iPhone in 2019?

Do you jailbreak your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 95.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If so, what tweaks make it worth it?

Just saw this vid and seems like there's some pretty cool stuff you can do with it and it looks pretty great combined with iOS12

Soldato
I asked the same question almost exactly a year ago. The answer then was a resounding ‘no’ and it’s probably still the same.

I’ve added a poll, let’s see.
I did wonder if this was your post but then noticed it was another.

I voted no then and voted no again today.

Soldato
OP
The picture in picture looks good too. Would love to have a YouTube video or YouTube podcast on in the background and still be able to do other stuff. Plus more icons on the home screen.

Soldato
OP
I tell you what would be great, is if I could switch the control center access from a top right of the screen swipe down to a bottom left or right of the screen swipe up, either side of the home bar.

Apple really screwed the pooch in terms of one handed accessibility on that one moving it to the top of the screen when switching from the TouchID phones to FaceID phones.

Soldato
I asked the same question almost exactly a year ago. The answer then was a resounding ‘no’ and it’s probably still the same.

I’ve added a poll, let’s see.
This was because jailbreaks were pretty thin back then. Whereas right now jailbreaking is heating up a lot based on recently found exploits. It's gonna be a lot more popular in the next few months.

Soldato
I've not bothered since touch ID. The main thing I used to jailbreak for was so I didn't have to input the passcode when I was on the house wifi.

Also not sure I'd be quite so comfortable with it as I used to be, with apple pay etc.

Caporegime
Think the last time I jailbroke an iPhone was back in the days of the iphone4

Mind you looking at the above video, some of those tweaks look pretty good. But I’d want to know what sort of battery impact or any other bugs it will present.

Soldato
I find trying to jailbreak the iphones such a pain to do or even try.

I did look around awhile ago but none of them worked

Soldato
OP
New Jailbreak just came out for up to iOS 12.1.2. Works on the 6S up to the X, based on what processor is in it. Doesn't work on this years iPhones

Semi tethered, so when you boot your phone it's stock, but you run the jailbreak from within a sideloaded app to activate it, which actually seems ideal as you shouldn't be able to get stuck in any bootloops (according to the video)

Last edited:
Soldato
System wide dark mode, great. Command line and file system access? Meh...

I guess this really isn’t aimed at me, I still have the stock wallpaper on my 6S...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom