ANyone know this anime film's name?

Associate
I'm trying to find the name of this animated movie that I saw on TV when I was about 10 ( 1983 - 84).

It's not an acrual Anime, it's an animated film.

It was on Channel 4 in UK as I recall; I missed the beginning 20 min, so I don't know what happened to kick the events off - which doesn't help, but I believe that I remember the story, more or less...

Warning potential spoilers if you've never seen it:

There's a boy stranded on a planet thousands of light years away.

Possible spoiler:
He can talk to his friends (possibly brother?) via a device that he has half of... I believe this device is quantum entangled - so both halves can communicate instantly, no matter the distances involved. That's an underlying part of the story I think..

Any way, an old man guides the boy round the planet: he gives advice like which animals are safe (I think he rides one of them); what food he can eat etc. Without this old man's help, the boy would die.

I'm hoping someone know what it was as I can't think why I'd have remembered it after 30 odd years if it was rubbish.

I do vaguely recall it being quite vibrant and stylised, but I was about 10 so who knows? My imagination ha probably created a lot of random info that didn't exist.

Any help anyone can give me would be very much appreciated - I've searched all over and found loads of anime with this kind of story, but none that are this specific film i.e. a boy who's stranded on a planet, and helped by an old man via instant communication quantum radio.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you so much for that! You are correct!

Considering I missed the first 25 min of it on TV when I was 12, I think I had a pretty good memory of what I saw. I was supprised it 33 years ago that I saw it. Time does fly!

As yiu suggested, I've removed the major spoiler from my question. Unfortunately it was one of the few plot points I could recall that'd identify it.

I remembered it being an anime because my grandad told me it was Japanese when it was on, and he was a getting quit into Japanese culture at the time, so he must have been confused.

Back
Top Bottom