Anyone on Pipex?

Soldato
So pipex are throttling p2p now then, no wonder my bt download rates are crap just lately! :mad:

Going to be looking around tonight for a new isp i think :p

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m about to start the last month of my contract with Pipex; as of tomorrow, I understand I can apply for my MAC code from them :D

From your experiences what’s the best way to go about this ‘delicate’ procedure :(

I know I have to phone them, but then what? I’m obviously tied to their service for a further 30 days (Which, when paid for on the 2nd of July will complete my 12 month period), but when can I put in a order to a new ISP without paying more than I need to (By going into another month with Pipex etc?), or by breaching my contract?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers,

SW.

Caporegime
Im in the process of my first ever migration, all i did was phone for my MAC code, they said you'll get it by e-mail in about 5 days, and i have 30 days to either use it, or it just runs out and nothing happens, and i will still be with them, i Phoned AOL gave them my MAC code, they gave me my new account details username/password for them, and said when im switched over in about 7 days or so, then to just logon to them as an existing user and put in the username/password they gave me and thats it im away. :)

If i get up one day and find i can't log on to Tiscali anymore, i know the switch has been done, and so all i have to do is just logon to AOL instead, but they said they will let me know when im switched so ill know when to logon to them, theres virtually no downtime.

I gave them my migration code last Friday, so im expecting to have to logon to AOL around Friday this week, or one day next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the reply!

So when I get my MAC I can order a new package from somewhere else?
To start the ball rolling so to speak? I will be paying for the new ISP's service as well as Pipex's - but only using Pipex's until I'm out of contract at the end of the month?
If I break the contract I think they sting you for about £60 :eek:

Is there no way you can get the two ISP's to synchronise, so that as one service finishes, the new one begins. That way as you finish paying for one, you start paying for and using the new one?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

SW.

Caporegime
sam.wheale said:
So when I get my MAC I can order a new package from somewhere else?

Yes. Wouldn't expect Pipex to give you the MAC till your time's up though.

I will be paying for the new ISP's service as well as Pipex's - but only using Pipex's until I'm out of contract at the end of the month?

Unlikely. The winning ISP shouldn't start billing till you're with them...

Is there no way you can get the two ISP's to synchronise, so that as one service finishes, the new one begins.

Get the winning ISP to set an appropriate migrate date, or time when you give them the MAC.

Soldato
tolien said:
Yes. Wouldn't expect Pipex to give you the MAC till your time's up though.
I called them the other week and they said to call back 30 days before the end of the contract in order to give them enough time to issue the MAC.

tolien said:
Get the winning ISP to set an appropriate migrate date, or time when you give them the MAC.
So I can order as soon as I get my MAC and then arrange with the new ISP when to actually make the change-over?

The end of the month for example :D

Thanks tolien,

SW.

Caporegime
sam.wheale said:
I called them the other week and they said to call back 30 days before the end of the contract in order to give them enough time to issue the MAC.

Odds are they'll tell you anything.
Bear in mind you'll only have 30 days from getting the MAC from Pipex to the winning ISP using the MAC.

So I can order as soon as I get my MAC and then arrange with the new ISP when to actually make the change-over?

Yup...

Soldato
sam.wheale said:
Hey guys,

I’m about to start the last month of my contract with Pipex; as of tomorrow, I understand I can apply for my MAC code from them :D

From your experiences what’s the best way to go about this ‘delicate’ procedure :(

I know I have to phone them, but then what? I’m obviously tied to their service for a further 30 days (Which, when paid for on the 2nd of July will complete my 12 month period), but when can I put in a order to a new ISP without paying more than I need to (By going into another month with Pipex etc?), or by breaching my contract?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers,

SW.
Hey guys,

I’ve now successfully migrated to Nildram AND I’ve been stung by Pipex for £80 :eek:

‘Breach of contract’ apparently? They supplied me a MAC on the 2nd and when I asked when I could use it, they said ‘anytime in the next 30 days?’ I’m officially out of contract on the 1st of next month…

Nightmare :(

Surely that’s not right, can they do that? They supplied me with the bloody code?

I rang them today and they just said it was because I’d migrated before the end of my contract? Should I just write the money off, and put this one down to experience – or is there a fight to be had?

Help!

SW.

Soldato
I would fight them for that, they gave you the MAC code :mad:

I am with Pipex too, I dont use P2P so I am happy enough for now, if they throttled newsgroups then I would be changing as well, although if they dont hurry up and offer existing customers the new high speed access then I might look around anyway.

Soldato
Mr Men said:
I would fight them for that, they gave you the MAC code :mad:
Thanks for the reply :)

You think I should fight it then; they did give me the MAC code!

I think I'll call them again then? Also the £82.19 was the £58.75 'cancellation fee' and this month bill, £23.44 - which isn't usually taken until the 2nd of the following month?

In the mean-time should I cancel the Direct Debit from bank account so they can't take anymore money off of me :(

SW.

Back
Top Bottom