1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone recommend hostels in Sydney, Bangkok, Hong Kong or NZ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scam, 27 Jul 2006.

1. Scam

Capodecina

:D

As title really. Myself and a couple of friends are all booked up to spend 6 weeks (the majority of this in NZ) in all these places and are looking for places to stay! Never stayed in a hostel before but the budget is calling (read: screaming) for it ;)

I know there's a lot of travellers in these forums, just posting this on the off-chance that someone stayed in a hostel somewhere and would recommend it (or not!). :)

If anyone has any general experience of hostels please do post what it's like. We're all graduates so have experienced Uni halls -- which is kinda what i'm guessing it would be like. Am i right?

2. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

theres an alright YMCA in wellington. but the rest of the time i was there i stayed with friends

3. Volcs

Wise Guy

You won't really need to stay in hostels in Bangkok, accomodation is cheap enough anyway. In Oz and NZ I wouldn't recommend booking anywhere in advance, (you never know if you'll actually be there on the dates you book for). Basically, there are always spaces available in any of the major locations, all of a pretty similar standard so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

4. 6thElement

Sgarrista

Lots of hostels in the Kings Cross area of Sydney.

5. Volcs

Wise Guy

...and the added convenience of hundreds of hookers.

Cheapest place though, (for accomodation, not hookers).

6. meggy-vengeance

PermaBanned

Wouldnt want to go to a hostel after watching "Hostel" eugh...
    NICE