Anyone support another country?

Soldato
China is my first team i support(but there not in the World Cup :( )
This year i will be supporting South Korea! but also want England to do well.

Permabanned
Ex-RoNiN said:
Well, Greece ain't going, so I adopted Spain as the country to support for the WC.

I will also root for any team playing Germany :p

Happy Birthday dude :)

YOu know you've got a thread in GD dont you?

Associate
I normally always seem to support one of the smaller countries in a world cup. It was Jamaica in '98, Korea in '02.

I'm hoping Ivory Coast do well this time. They were fantastic to watch in the African Nations, plus I really like the shirt as orange is my favourite colour.

Caporegime
lemonkettaz said:
eugh.. the greasy spanish... nah

also.. brazil are great.. but their arrogance is why i dont want them to win.

they expect to win.. and cant accept defeat.

LOL LOL arrogant??, think you have them confused with England, Germany and France ;):p. Those 3 imho are the most arrogant teams in the WC.

Yes they expect to win, doesnt every team feel like that though??. But they do win because they have skill and a lot of passion for the game. Yeah score 5 goals against them and they usually score 6 to win it, thats why i love Brazil and the way they play football.

Associate
I was supporting Ireland and Israel due to living in both of those countries, but after a hard qualifying group neither made it through, much to my dissapointment. So I guess I'll be supporting England, and only England this time around.

Soldato
I shall be cheering Australia on through this whole World Cup, just hope no one mistakes the yellow of my Socceroos top for the Brazil top, damn them for having such similar colours.

Associate
OP
bam0 said:
I shall be cheering Australia on through this whole World Cup, just hope no one mistakes the yellow of my Socceroos top for the Brazil top, damn them for having such similar colours.

Yeah, it's just not right. :p

Associate
England and never anyone else.

I class other teams by my level of hatred for them.

From complete hatred (Germans, Scots (if they were actually in the finals), USA, French etc) to minimal hatred almost bordering neutrality (Spain, Czech etc)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
I support Poland & England..

I don't actually own the current England shirt but always keep up with the Poland shirt. I guess its mainly because I spent so much time with my grandparents (both sides), who were all very patriotic Polacy. I keep up the tradition.

Man of Honour
Mike said:
England and never anyone else.

I class other teams by my level of hatred for them.

From complete hatred (Germans, Scots (if they were actually in the finals), USA, French etc) to minimal hatred almost bordering neutrality (Spain, Czech etc)

The only nations I really hold much animosity towards are Turkey, Germany and Argentina. Strangely I don't really feel much rivalry towards Scotland but that is probably because I started following football after the abolition of the Home Nations, live in the south and they don't provide any competition for us anyway.

Soldato
Old Turkey said:
As an Englishman I always root for Northern Ireland. They aint bitter like the Scottish and Welsh, IMO.

really? why do you think the Scottish and the Welsh are bitter? go read your history books, and for someone to say the Northern Irish arent bitter ... i think the IRA in ulster might disagree with that, i would say they are the most bitter of the lot !!

but ... as a Glaswegian who has been living in the south of England for 7 years, let me point this out ...

1. The other home nations dont hate England, its played out of all proportion and not half as bad as you think.

2. I go down the pub for every England game in one of my many Scotland tops, and cheer my lungs out, to show that i am Scottish, but can Gladly cheer on my English neighbours, and wish them well

dont make generalisations, or tar us all with the same brush ok?

;)

Back
Top Bottom