1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone tried Teeth Whitening / bleaching?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conrad11, 18 Feb 2006.

1. Conrad11

Soldato

Hi there,

I am thinking of trying the home teeth whitening stuff and wondered if anyone has tried it with success and where they got their kit from etc.

Cheers...

2. Skeptic

Mobster

[​IMG]

3. Raikiri

Capodecina

LMAO

First thing I thought of before looking at the replies... beaten to it :(

4. Sanzy

Banned

Your telling me you didnt think TOP GEAR richard hammend :O tut tut

5. VaderDSL

Capodecina

nah the ross thing is more famous :p even though I too watch top gear, but to the OP I often think about teeth whitening, but then i think, i brush my teeth twice a day, if it was natural to have sparkly white teeth i would have them already.

6. Dace

Wise Guy

I just read an article on this in a womans magazine (karma anyone?) :D

Apparently, your dentist can blast your teeth with 'something' (flouride maybe?) to bleach them for around £30, which is pretty reasonable IMO. I'm thinking of getting it done myself :)

7. Trixter

Wise Guy

Yeah had this done about 3 months ago, it makes your teeth really sensetive, i had to start using special toothpaste (sensodyne ?) and there still a bit sensetive now.

The results are poor, i cant tell a difference, dont do it unless there really bad.

8. theleg

Capodecina

Im gonna get it done while im out here...problem is that one of my front teeth got smashed in half when i was younger and now theres a filling...which will be a different colour if i get the teeth done...so ill have to get that sorted first...

sparkling white teeth for the win.

9. eXor

Mobster

ROFLMAO.

The lights were out and then... :p :D

10. Phantom

Sgarrista

get yourself an electric toothbrush - better for your teeth, more healthier, and teeth become naturally whiter/cleaner

11. Noxis

Banned

Flouride naturally dyes your teeth slightly off white anyway - thus this is the colour of healthy teeth, not "Hollywood" white.

Kinda the same arguements as fake breasts :p

12. 233

Capodecina

yeah hammond was the first thought for me too :)

13. Mic

Mobster

wow, back in the days when Friends was on sky one :eek:

14. M0T

Mobster

I have had stained teeth after I was given so medication as a child. No amount of whitening toothpastes or expensive brushes made any difference.

Recently I have been trying products from the supermarket (home kits etc) and they seem to make little difference either.

Last week I got a 'proper' kit of the internet that I am trying out, might be the wallet factor but it seems to be working. I'll report back and let you know.

15. MJ

Gangster

my advice don't use anything in the UK its all rubbish, if you ever go to the states get some colgate white strips they contain somthin we are not allowed over here. And they are amazin.

16. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

I find that using Sensodyne Whiteneing that gently bleaches your teeth does not really work but actually makes my molars more sensitive as it erodes the upper layer of your teeth!

17. jhmaeng

Wise Guy

From what I gather, a fairly extensive job consisting of forking well over £300 (and multiplied by more sessions, if required) is the only way to guarantee noticeable results. Toothpaste and home kits apparently don't contain enough active ingredients to really make a difference, unless you have the patience of a saint.

18. penski

PermaBanned

I have manky-coloured teeth. Seriously off-white but not brown or anything...*shudders*

I've always had them and I always will...but they're strong and healthy. Never had a filling in my life.

Of course, my tea habit contributes to keeping them the shade that they are.

*n

19. William

Capodecina

What they get died off white by fluorine?

20. Dr House

Capodecina

I assume you have tetracycline staining, there is very little you can do short of getting your teeth capped.