1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use a PS2 dual shock controller in PC games?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by CurlyWhirly, 16 Jan 2006.

1. CurlyWhirly

Wise Guy

I am now going back to PC gaming after an absence of over a year and as much as I love PC gaming, one niggle I always had was that on driving games I found that I couldn't get the control that I was used to when I used to have a PlayStation 2.
    I found that Sony's dualshock controller gave me an excellent degree of control.

I was relieved when I saw a link for a USB PS2 to PC adapter that was only around £9.
    To be honest, I was a bit sceptical that it would work but I am pleased to say that it works brilliantly including the analogue functions!

I also like flight simulators and I even find that the PS2 controller is better than a PC joystick :eek:
    Anyone else prefer the PS2 controller or are you all happy with standard PC joypads and joysticks?

Last edited: 18 Jan 2006
  2. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

yeah i use my PS2 pad for Pro Evolution 5 as i play it online alot.

Only way to go. dont use it for anything else though, although i can see how it woul dbe good for driving, although i have a MOMO wheel for that (Live for Speed :))

3. CurlyWhirly

Wise Guy

I've never used a steering wheel so I can't judge them!

4. Rob43

Mobster

I've used a PS2 pad with a usb adapter for ages,never had any problems with any games,Go get one :D

5. Trick

Mobster

PS2 pad works a dream for aircraft in BF2

6. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Use a PS2 pad here to, works a treat in driving games, footy games etc... :)

7. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Use my pad for the planes in BF2 (Ace combat layout)

And NFS Most Wanted

Works fine :)

8. CurlyWhirly

Wise Guy

Thanks for the replies.

To be honest being able to use a PS2 controller again is the main reason why I am going back to PC games in the first place.

I wouldn't go back to the consoles though as I've been converted to the PC now :cool:

9. geiger

Mobster

I dont think its as good as joystick, Ive tried the xbox360 controller too and that is better. Theres no rumble from it on a pc but considering how cheap a pad can be picked up its a good option

10. SC04

Wise Guy

a World champion at Grand Prix Legends used a Playstation controller

11. Spunj99

Mobster

Oooh. PS2 pad for planes in BF2, there's an idea. At least while i haven't got my Saitek Evo with me. :(

Use my PS2 pad adapter mainly for PS2-type games. Such as Need for Speed, and Pro Evo.

It's still by far my favourite console controller. :)

12. Trick

Mobster

Don't you find it a little twitchy for NFS? The car just refuses to go straight with the joypad, or am I missing something? (ability to drive! ;))

13. DJammyRasta

Mobster

gamepad for flightsims... thats just nasty, sick sick people

bought one for the console port games (pro evos and driving games)... which it does a great job in, although nfsu used to crash if you had the drivers installed... and if u didn't the rumble didn't work... not much of an issue really though as i didn't want the rumble function

ps. cant remember if there is a deadzone on the controller but increase that and it should be less twitchy when trying to go in a straight line

Last edited: 17 Jan 2006
  14. CurlyWhirly

Wise Guy

The PS2 controller is an analogue one and it serves me well believe it or not ;)

15. P-E

Wise Guy

Anyone get the feedback to work using the PS2 contoller with games that had feedback as an option?

16. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

never looked into it to tell the truth mate

is there a force feedback tester thingy ?

17. CurlyWhirly

Wise Guy

To be honest, I have only started using the PS2 controller since discovering a few weeks ago that it was possible to get it to work on a PC!
    I only had the adapter delivered around a week ago and so I am still experimenting with it.

I don't think I have a PC game that has the feedback as an option anyway.

18. DJammyRasta

Mobster

as i said if u install the proper drivers the rumble function should work ... and i dont care they have an analogue controller there is no chance in hell u could get the accuracy out of those like you could a proper joystick

19. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Beats using Mouse + Keyboard if you don't have a joystick ;)

Where dya increase the deadzone?

20. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

Is fine apart from if you play a lot of EA games who insist on IGNORING the rules of DirectX and making their own gamepad profiles for manufacturers who pay them a sum of money and make redefining keys more difficult :mad: