1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used an Intel NUC 11?

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor and Single Board Computers' started by KraniX, 1 Mar 2021.

1. maklabouhlel

Wise Guy

Depends which model you want. The i7 Perfromance is available if you look hard enough and use the search instead because it's not listed under NUC for some reason.

2. Spleen Sauce

Wise Guy

i5 version ideally.

3. maklabouhlel

Wise Guy

4. maklabouhlel

Wise Guy

i5 is difficult to get atm especially the tall chassis.

5. david25

Hitman

Agreed, its just the fan does sound louder in this video compared to the i3

6. david25

Hitman

The i7 and i3 can be found via Google, I have only seen the i5 available as an expense import.

7. david25

Hitman

8. Nezzy

Associate

I have a nuc 8 and have just put it into an akasa turing case. Lovely bit of kit. I am adding 2 very quiet 120mm fans to it though. I'm using it as a server at the moment. If I was just using it for a media pc then no fans need to be added. The fan noise from the standard nuc setup is really quite loud.

9. Nezzy

Associate

I wouldn't use a nuc for gaming personally. Because of the size of the board, it's cooling is limited. You will get big heat spikes with it gaming. As fantastic as these tiny computers are, they can't cope very well with some things.

10. david25

Hitman

How about the Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast i7 which is designed for gaming and media development?

11. Nezzy

Associate

Is the Nuc using the Intel Iris Xe? Doesn't matter.

Yeah, still going to suffer from big heat spikes and graphics are going to be limited.

If your looking at an i7 nuc, for that money I think you can build a much better gaming computer. If your only playing CS:GO and older stuff like that, the Nuc will be fine. Modern games will batter a nuc.

My nuc 8 is decent spec, i5, 32gb ram, 512gb m.2 3500mbps read write and 2tb ssd. It uses the Intel iris 655. This was cooking just being a plex server in the standard case, granted everything is 10bit. Only now with new case which is basically a huge heatsink, does it run cool.

But hey, each to their own. It depends what games you want to play. What's your nuc build estimated cost? Around the grand mark? If you want a media pc then I'd go nuc. If your after a gaming/ all rounder I'd bang a pc together. You can still keep the size smaller than a full tower. Just make sure you can fit a decent graphics card into it. I can install gta 5 on my nuc to see what fps I get if you want?

12. Nezzy

Associate

Just a side note: when the fan kicks in on the standard nuc case they r loud af.

13. david25

Hitman

14. david25

Hitman

The mobile RTX2060 in the Enthusiast the seems pretty good, there are games clips in the video i posted or charts

https://www.techspot.com/review/1804-geforce-rtx-2060-laptop/

Sure you are compromising with the NUC, but you get adequate gaming performance and amazing media performance from either the RTX or XE outputs