anyone used to play on Wireplay ?

Soldato
Haha. Yeah.

Bom, Coco, Nuski, T-Bag, Raging Bull - There was one more I can't remember his nickname. Something along the lines of Stan or similar.

Think I was the only one with 56k (Diamond Supra). Goddamn LPBs

Maybe the same Stan i knew in RL. Met him playing UO while waiting at a portal, then turned out he played Kingping on WP. He played CS as well on WP and went down to his place for a beer one bonfire night. Cracking time on WP especially the guys from Bridlington in DSH clan from TFC.

Man of Honour
Seeing as this thread has been revived...

Used to love Wireplay to be honest... my first real online gaming experience and it's sense of community is something I dont think we will ever see again.

Was heavily into Quake 2 myself for several years and member of several clans until I found Everquest... damn there's a few years of my life swallowed :).

Recently started playing Doom online after a LONG time out the FPS genre... well... multiplayer anyways... Still not sure if I like it as the weapons kinda suck... but sticking at it for now :)

FeveZ / Nobsteele

I remember you. You were one of the first players I played against on the public servers.

I was at i99, in Bicester. Drove down from Newcastle with my brother to meet my clanmates and had a great time. There's another thread on here with photos from that event!

Here's the other thread (page 3 for photos ooer!): https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/capture-the-flag-quake-on-dialup-years-ago.18474715/

I was there :) In fact I've just noticed something interesting in one of those photo's but I'll add it to that thread.

Soldato
Damn, I was mates with a couple of lads from M2S. Bombay Roll and Bubble'n'Squeak. Bom went to play for D2C didn't he? He asked me if I wanted to trial for them to take his place when he was leaving.

...yes, I was that good. :D

Haha, omg blast from the past. I played with those guys in M2S, I vaguely remember Bom being amazing.

Also Stoney, Grim etc

I played in some TFC teams on Wireplay, think I was in =DA= 'Dark Angels'?

I haz 4090!
Don
He wasn't as good as me. :D

Oh I was big into TFC, my first online game that got me addicted. I played for BEERZnWORMZ and Godshots, I only played sniper even when I was playing "proper" clan games.

Soldier and engi were fun too though, and the med with the conc jumps. Such a skill.

I haz 4090!
Don
BEERZnWORMZ rings a bell haha, what was your name in M2S, Worthy?

I was never in M2S matey, always faithful to BnW. Bubble’n’Squeak left M2S to join us. I knew most of the guys though, good bunch.

Used to love the conc jump only maps that where like assault courses.

Played a lot of TFC too though I was rubbish :)

Those conc maps were amazing! The last one where you had to do a triple conc jump over that huge gap. Me and a mate spent about 8 hours in a single session on that bit. Back when I had patience. And an attention span.

Soldato
KingKiller was another one from M2S ha, it's all coming back now

Shame it's all pretty much relegated to history now, none of the old sites are there any more like UKTerrorist, Clanbase etc

Permabanned
I started on Wireplay when I played Q2, started off with a 33,600 modem getting hammered, ended up with ISDN that was expensive but awesome at the time.

Sounds like my situation. Had around a 250-280 ping for a couple of years. When you changed was it all you expected? I remember everyone saying how much of a difference it would make. I still didn't believe but wow what a difference it made when I got ISDN.

Back
Top Bottom