anyone used to play on Wireplay ?

Associate
Played Air attack a lot. probably too much. Recognise a few names here.
I was [HAWKS]Guigsy and [616]Robert morton.

I also played Fighter Ace KOTH games at like 3am USA time with i think the ACES squad. we held one of the KOTH rooms almost permantly for a loooong time.

Soldato

I also played Fighter Ace KOTH games at like 3am USA time with i think the ACES squad. we held one of the KOTH rooms almost permantly for a loooong time.
chrigt Are Attack was amazing.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Those were the days! Started off with AoE. Played HLDM a lot, then Counterstrike when it was first released. Was proper good old days with a great community spirit. The crazy phone bills I don't miss though! Quite a few of us went and played UO in our Self Preservation Society guild :)

Last edited:
Associate

We (Aces) held the room for 16 weeks, no one could touch us as a team as we worked so well together.
Peed the Americans off no end :D
I was Aces_Xup, always flew the 109k.

I beta tested Fighter Ace for the "Microsoft zone" in 97.

Such a good time to be in the online community.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha. Yeah.

Bom, Coco, Nuski, T-Bag, Raging Bull - There was one more I can't remember his nickname. Something along the lines of Stan or similar.

Think I was the only one with 56k (Diamond Supra). Goddamn LPBs

I was in M2S briefly, I remember those guys, Bom was on of the best CS players at that time. I remember Stoney was the CL, also Grim. Didn't Stan join 4K and was in the UK team?

Last edited:
Soldato
We (Aces) held the room for 16 weeks, no one could touch us as a team as we worked so well together.
Peed the Americans off no end :D
I was Aces_Xup, always flew the 109k.

I beta tested Fighter Ace for the "Microsoft zone" in 97.

Such a good time to be in the online community.
God I miss those games.

Associate
Playing early days of Days of Defeat 2000-1 and still to this day, think this was the best version before Steam.

The early versions, Omaha map etc, sounds ripped from Saving Private Ryan, propaganda posters; added tons to the atmosphere.

Was amazing (and daunting for a newbie) at the time, lobbing a grenade, wiping out half of your own team (which went down well). :o

Back
Top Bottom