anyone used to play on Wireplay ?

Soldato
Air Attack was very awesome.

I was heavily into Total Annihilation though, miss it to be honest :(

The community was the best I've ever experienced to this day. Went to a couple of LAN parties organised by one of the TA vets there. Such good times that haven't come close to being bettered in all my many years of gaming..

Soldato
Played from about 99-04 in various clans, mainly UKTFCL for FLC, in. and [BC]/=BC=, but I spent time in roughly 40+ clans. Think I played a little in Wireplay league for -EF- but that would have been the early days for me!
Great memories, still chat with a few people from those days online, I was even more of a n0b then than I am now. Somehow?

I fondly remember the dead scout bug where if someone picked up your dropped bag underwater whilst you were playing scout you could then proceed to slide along the floor as a corpse and annoy people!

+1

yo mirage long time no speak.. TFC was insane game.. BiA =BC= ~A~ SHS etc..... great memories. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I first started playing online with wireplay, on Q2 best times ive had online, I was a bit of a clan whore in those days when i look bacl at it.

started Kilq2 - OC - NL

I was Rasta-B

Hades ya old git, OG had nothing to do with rV even thou I did play ET with vorv and Q50 for a while, hope you and melks are all good.

Associate
+1

yo mirage long time no speak.. TFC was insane game.. BiA =BC= ~A~ SHS etc..... great memories. :)

Jesus I remember Westie. I remember he was really popular and never had any really, really bitchy flame wars with many people.

Oh, and BiA2.. Where the poor players from BiA who coundn't afford ISDN got relegated to :D

Associate
oh and |BEERZnWORMZ|, propper blast from the past. Wasn't there a guy who would always play sniper affiliated to that clan? Seem to remember him having links to MM and Doomtrooper/Tau (Wub :x)
Probably confusing 3 different people but def rings a bell.

Soldato
Love nostalgia :)

I loved q2 so much back then.

[NSK] , EA , [ACE] and [XTC]Dominion ftw.

Best online community and then when I thought it was getting a bit samey RA2 found me.

Soldato
A schoolmate turned me on to it, started with RitV and Air Attack on my crappy Time K6-2. The forums and IRC were great too. I modded a couple of forums and was a DoD admin. Ahhhh those halcyon days when ADSL had just hit and sniper limits hadn't been invented yet... beach maps, vn61, valley, great times. Every noob had names like "Saving Ryans Privates" or "Shifty Powers" or "Lt Spears". :D

Would love to know what some of my old DoD mates are up to now. Oh the fun we had dealing with griefers and haxorz. "MY BROTHER DID IT!!!" :D :D :D I think someone even set up a website named after that phrase. Maybe Skunk? He was a WP intern IIRC.

Last edited:
Associate
Air Attack was very awesome.

I was heavily into Total Annihilation though, miss it to be honest :(

The community was the best I've ever experienced to this day. Went to a couple of LAN parties organised by one of the TA vets there. Such good times that haven't come close to being bettered in all my many years of gaming..

We are still Lanning it these days! just a smaller crowd

Associate
Used to love Wireplay to be honest... my first real online gaming experience and it's sense of community is something I dont think we will ever see again.

Was heavily into Quake 2 myself for several years and member of several clans until I found Everquest... damn there's a few years of my life swallowed :).

Recently started playing Doom online after a LONG time out the FPS genre... well... multiplayer anyways... Still not sure if I like it as the weapons kinda suck... but sticking at it for now :)

FeveZ / Nobsteele

Associate
Oh those were the days. I used to run a TFC clan on Wireplay, rubbishly called Clan Oblivion [CO]. Online play was so much more civilised in the late '90s.

TJM

TJM

Associate
I found this thread during a bit of googling. It's a real trip down memory lane - it has been almost 20 years since I was getting slaughtered in Jedi Knight.

It's a shame that the forums are gone. The community was done, but there was at least somewhere to check in every few years. I wonder where some friends have gone and even if they are still alive.

Soldato
We learnt a lot from SHS in TFC. We did a training session with them and they showed us how to conc jump the heavy weapons guy up to the flag in the well map. i was DSH Bastardos. we had a hard 1st season we got put in the same league as AK47 and SHS. But it made us way better players.

Associate
I found this thread during a bit of googling. It's a real trip down memory lane - it has been almost 20 years since I was getting slaughtered in Jedi Knight.

It's a shame that the forums are gone. The community was done, but there was at least somewhere to check in every few years. I wonder where some friends have gone and even if they are still alive.

Has it really been that long? I feel old.

Small world though, Facebook threw me a "people you may know" a few weeks ago based off a petrolhead mutual friend, who turned out be someone I played against on Wargasm (anyone remember that game?). I do miss the days of HL and Total Annihilation. I kind of seperated myself from the HLCCL and the community when EQ came out.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
yeah i remember SHS and AK47 from TFC, I used to be in [U4] and [MD] if you remember them ? :p

shame though, cos the communitys back in the Barrysworld, Jolt and Wireplay days were great, you will never get the same experience now, I think that online gaming was at its peak when TFC and UT were out. Seriously died down now.

Hi M8, it's been a long time. I was with Wireplay in the early days and Barrysworld. Played a lot of Quake and Ut, some of the best gaming I ever had, I was a member of KND, Ghost and ACE.

Back
Top Bottom