Anyone with Toucan?

Soldato
Hey,

(I did a search so sorry in advanced if it has somehow been discussed before). ;)

Is anyone here with Toucan for their internet, or have any comments about them?

I've been downgraded from 2mb -> 512 with BT :mad: for some cr*p reason, and with these I can get the same service not capped, for £14.99 a month, compared to me still having to pay £30 at BT. Seems good to me, but just wondering if anyone has any good or bad points about them?

Thanks! :D

Associate
Downgraded? That is a first... normally they (being ISPs) upgrade you because they are trying to offer you a better service. Geez, 2mb to 512k, thats like getting your ferarri stolen and being forced to drive around in a honda civic.

Soldato
OP
Chaapa'ai said:
Downgraded? That is a first... normally they (being ISPs) upgrade you because they are trying to offer you a better service. Geez, 2mb to 512k, thats like getting your ferarri stolen and being forced to drive around in a honda civic.

BT Yahoo are the worst ISP ever, the customer service is rubbish and when we complained about being downgraded the guy was like "I'll pass your concerns on". :mad: Yet we still have to pay the top whack fee because of the 40Gb usage limit. Not happy with them at all.

So... Toucan anyone! :p :)

Soldato
Well, what does re-sell normally mean?

Thanks to the Oxford English Dictionary:

resell |rēˈsel| verb ( past and past part. -sold ) [ trans. ] sell (something one has bought) to someone else : products can be resold on the black market for huge profits.

Soldato
Laurio said:
Would you say toucans broadband is unreliable and 100% ****? cos im looking for an ISP that is around 1mbps and uncapped

Laurio :D

Yes, very unreliable, and it's not uncapped either (they throttle you if you use too much bandwidth).

Associate
OllyM said:
Yes, very unreliable, and it's not uncapped either (they throttle you if you use too much bandwidth).

is it not? i thought on their website it said uncapped? well thats not good then! i bet they interfere heavily where P2P is concerned!
I think il avoid it like the plague then!

cheers though,

Laurio :)

Soldato
I would surgest for total unlimited downloading;

Eclipse 1mb @ £23.95 with a 1 month contract no set up fees
Zen 1mb @ 29.99 with 1 month contract no fees
AOL upto 1mb @ £16.50 Avg (£14.99 first 6 months, £17.99 after) 12 month contract

Eclipse + Zen there are no set up fees if you migrate from BT if you stop and start a new service you will have to pay more

Associate
ste_bla said:
I would surgest for total unlimited downloading;

Eclipse 1mb @ £23.95 with a 1 month contract no set up fees
Zen 1mb @ 29.99 with 1 month contract no fees
AOL upto 1mb @ £16.50 Avg (£14.99 first 6 months, £17.99 after) 12 month contract

Eclipse + Zen there are no set up fees if you migrate from BT if you stop and start a new service you will have to pay more

Well im going to migrate at end of february..ive already put up a thread about AOL broadband as ive looked at that...

I think im being a little to tight cos i dont wanna pay more than £17.99 for unlimited broadband, considering i cant get high speeds on my line. I think i might be pushing getting unlimited for the price im willing to pay

Laurio :)

Back
Top Bottom