Anyone work at Morrisons?

Soldato
bigred said:
This was without a doubt the worst week of my life and I wouldn't encourage anyone to work there, ever. That's not to say you'll have such a miserable time working there, but at least you'll get paid for it!

Yup, I worked at a Safeway (which later turned into a Morrisons) and I can agree 100% with everything you say. I stuck it for 6 months and it was a real low point in my life. I just couldn't believe how badly run the place was - the spoilage was just incredible. Supermarket managers are also a different breed....I don't know where they train/find/clone them but they're all obnoxious, power-crazed losers.

I just can't believe people can stick working at such places. Any retail environment is better than a supermarket.

Soldato
bigred said:
Wow you must have a really bad store....

My one (in Yate, Bristol) isn't too bad. Get along with pretty much everyone, despite age differences, sometimes my own manager can be a bit of an idiot, moaning that we aren't doing enough whilst he does nothing himself.

When my old superviser, who has now left was in charge it used to be great, full days would fly past as we worked as a team (rather than a group of individuals with the manager) and morla was always good.

Go back to work on Friday, end of my summer holiday :p no doubt I'll be doing loads of overtime.

On the subject of the Uniform, the shirts are ok for me, I used to sometimes wear a non morrisons one (old school shirt) and no-one noticed, so you could always do that. I don't particularly mind wearing a tie, but yes the apron is stupid, and dangerous I imagine if it got caught on something in the warhouse. lol @ the till girls uniform though :D :D

Associate
Morrisons don't even trust you enough to let you have a trolley, without depositing a £1 coin in it. No other supermarket around here does that other than Aldi/Netto (which are in really bad areas).

Are they deliberately trying to make the entire shopping experience as miserable as possible? Maybe big Ken is taking pleasure in our pain and suffering.

Morons tbh.
113406732_7f07de75c7_m.jpg

Alex

Man of Honour
bigred said:
Morrisons don't even trust you enough to let you have a trolley, without depositing a £1 coin in it. No other supermarket around here does that other than Aldi/Netto (which are in really bad areas).

NEWS FLASH.

You get your pound back when you park your trolley up.
Duh.

Soldato
2.5 years on checkouts :(

Someone kill me.

However happy news for all you happy 'M' Employee's:

Discount card (of the Safeway kind) is making a return. Not sure on the percentage discount but it will be across the whole range apparently :D Gotta love Usdaw tbh :D

Off out now - more fun later :)

Permabanned
BeatMaster said:
Just wondering if anyone works at Morrisons, just got a job there working on the FFPP :confused: start tomorrow at 10am, training and no doubt get my b..e...a..u..tiful uniform :eek:

Anyone know what FFPP entails, the person said something to do with Fresh foods but thats all she really said so I'm left a little confused on what exactly I'm going to be doing. I know I've got a 12 hour contract plus I can work more hours before I go back to University. Want to hopefully get to work Sundays @ time and a half = £7.82 ph :cool:

Need to ask about car parking aswell, anyone know whether you can park for free?

BeatMaster :D

Which store, dude?

My mum's Admin Manager at one of the 'local' ones...

*n

Associate
I used to work for Morrisons when I was a student a year or so ago, they were actually a pretty good employer I thought ... not amazing obviously as there only a supermarket and usually just operate under a standard set of rules.

I used to work in the diary section and although it was freezing it was a great laugh.

I'm not sure about your branch but at mine there was free parking, there was a particular bit at the very back of the car park that staff members were allocated to. I used to be on a 12 hour contract as well, and at one point was working 37 hours a week (whilst being at college) ... the whole contract thing doesn't really apply as the supervisors are always on your back asking if you can do more hours, if you don't want to do them then you say no and only work your 12 hours, but if you do then you can usually do as many as you want :)

Soldato
OP
penski said:
Which store, dude?

My mum's Admin Manager at one of the 'local' ones...

*n

Alnwick :)

@MagSafe - Mint that'll do for me, loads of hours before uni and a nice cash injection, the drop down to good 'ld 12 hours then maybe some more hours at Christmas and here and there. As Tesco say, "Every little helps" :p

BeatMaster :D

Associate
NEWS FLASH.

You get your pound back when you park your trolley up.
Duh.

You can get yr quid back straight away if you bend the chain round , takes a bit of gettin used too, ma mum wasnt too chuffed when i showed her how easy it could be done lol , out local morrisons is stones throw from ma house and opened up on my birthday

ma buddy works in the deli section , does us special deals on the billy bear sausage meat haha :) BOGOF shall we say

Associate
I work in the Warehouse in the Stoke Store Sundays only and its boring. The managers look down at you and feel good if they make you feel bad. Funny thing is the managers are retards who don't even have any skills or qualifications. Hope to be leaving the horrible place soon.

Soldato
reflex said:
Supermarkets rock, i love spending 15 hours of my time in them per week, and the music omg it rocks ;)

I work at Focus and I'm ashamed to say that I actually like the music. When I get home I have an odd tendancy to dig out the 80's pop / 70's disco albums :eek:

Back
Top Bottom