Anyone worked in F1?

Soldato
OP
Well it seems my second interview did go reasonably well. Just got a 2 inch thick letter through the post with my contract to start sometime over the summer :)

Looks like I'll be the ninth member of Renault F1's aerodynamics team :D

Soldato
NicktheNorse said:
Well it seems my second interview did go reasonably well. Just got a 2 inch thick letter through the post with my contract to start sometime over the summer :)

Very well done mate.

All the best.

KaHn

Soldato
NicktheNorse said:

Woooo! Congratulations :D

I wanted to work in F1, but I couldn't get under the button ;)

/rings taxi

Caporegime
NicktheNorse said:

Congratulations, Just had a flick through this thread. I was offered a job in 99 at BAR as an engineer starting with the test team. I couldn't take it as the pay was much lower than my current job. Its a single mans job really.

One of my ex workmates did make the leap though and works for renault on the 2nd car. So he worked on button's, fisi and trulli's. I see him on tv every race weekend, quite weird really.

Good luck.

Oh and flibsters prediction was wrong on renault pulling out :p

Associate
An old flatmate of mine works in the wind tunnel, he keeps it up and running iirc. Seems to be doing alright as he has just bought a quarter of a million pound house :p

Well, I am guessing he still works there; he blocked me from msn after I asked him to leave :o

Good luck with the job, apparantly its a great place to work at :)

Associate
Congrats, mate... I'd imagine that you must be a seriously clever man to attain such a position at your age!

If you ever feel like aerodynamically enhancing my car with polystyrene, feel free.

Back
Top Bottom