1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyoying WinXP Install Problem

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Matt-Page, 24 Mar 2006.

1. Matt-Page

Mobster

OK,

Minor problem, but seems to be halting everything at the moment. Am going to pick my copy of Oblivion in a bit, but i wanted to do a format etc,

I have backed everything up, come to make my SATA driver disk and oh dear, the FDD i borrowed doesn't format FD in under 10 mins or allow me to write the whole SATA driver disk to it.

Is there any other way around this? I mean, i can't put the drivers on a CD and use that to load it? Without it my HDD wont show up during XP install

2. Matt-Page

Mobster

OK cleaned everything out, and got another FDD which worked!

I have made the disk using Promise SATA378 Driver V1.00.0.26 for Windows 98SE/NT4.0/ME/2000/XP/2003 which i downloaded form the Asus website, but now however :( SOB i install the above driver using F6 on XP install, but it still reports it can not find a HDD.

I have a Maxtor drive, Maxtor 6Y080M0 Plus 9 80Gb 7200RPM SATA and a Asus A8v deluxe mother board.

Am i using the wrong driver? Have also just downloaded the Maxblast disk maker form the maxtor website, but it doesn't have a txtsetup inf file the windows xp looks for in the sata driver bit.

3. BigBoy

Soldato

If you still have an operating system installed on your comp take a look at Nlite With this tool you can build a WinXP cd with all SATA drivers and Service Pack 2 pluss all the updates since then in to one CD. Job done.

4. Matt-Page

Mobster

Yea, sounds great but i don't appear to have the correct driver.....

If only my original post was kept when i asked before, someone pointed me in the right direction, and i was able to install XP using a FD

Not in the archives either :(