AOC Q27G2U - Blanking/Black Screen with GSYNC

Associate
Hello all,

Recently upgraded my monitor to the AOC Q27G2U 27" 144Hz G-Sync Compatible monitor. Really love it, fantastic bit of hardware except G-SYNC is not working properly.

When I play games every so often the screen will go blank / black for 2 seconds then return. The game continues to run during this time.

At first I thought it was because I enabled G-SYNC to work with Windowed games so I have tried Fullscreen games(such as GTAV) and the issue remains.

I have tried the following:
- Updating to the newest NVIDIA display drivers (442.50)
- Changing G-SYNC to only Fullscreen applications
- Resetting my monitor to default values (still ensuring G-SYNC is enabled in the menu)
- Formatting Windows 10 and doing a fresh install
- Trying both the original Displayport cable that came with my monitor and a high speed aftermarket one that was recommended
- Adjusting the NVIDIA settings to limit the framerate at 141 so games do not go above 144.

The issue remains however. Before I reach out to NVIDIAs support team and AOCs support team, I am happy to get any advice I can from anyone here.

Thank you

Associate
is it certified gsync compatible ?
we might be able to alter a couple timings with cru to stop the black screens.
same problem the benqex3203r has
normally you need to increase the v-rate (too low).
can you download cru and post back with the v-rate.

Associate
On displayninja the Q27GU2 is listed as NOT being g-sync compatible where as the 27G2U is compatible (the latter being a 1080p ips)

Last edited:
Associate
This might seem like a long shot but it fixed a similar problem for me also on a Freesync monitor using gysnc.

Is your display port cable separate from other cables or at least fairly freely connected from the monitor to the PC: IE not tied up or bundled with other cables?

Because a display port cable tied with others can cause slight interference resulting in outages with gsync going black screen for a second or two.

I know because I had that happen myself a few months back after upgrading and bundling up my cables during it. I found an obscure post on Linus forums that suggested that fix which worked for me 100% working gsync on a freesync non compatible listed monitor ever since.

I simply made it not bundled with other cables and fairly smooth and free from GPU to monitor and it totally fixed the issue.

Permabanned
@ OP, not sure on your GPU but read this:

From another thread I posted in (and multiple others)

"NVIDIA "Maxwell" and "Pascal" graphics architectures introduced support for modern display connectivity to keep up with the breakneck pace at which display resolutions are scaling up.
The two introduce support for DisplayPort 1.4 and 1.3, however the implementation is less than perfect. Some of the newer monitors that leverage DisplayPort 1.4 or 1.3 standards don't function as designed on "Maxwell" (GeForce GTX 900 series) and "Pascal" (GeForce 10-series) graphics cards, with users reporting a range of bugs from blank screens until the operating system loads, to frozen boot sequences.

Unfortunately, these issues cannot be fixed by driver updates, and require graphics card BIOS updates. Luckily, you won't be at the mercy of lethargic AIC partners looking to limit their warranty claims by going slow on BIOS updates, or NVFlash rocket-science. NVIDIA released a tool which can detect if your graphics card needs the update, and then updates the BIOS for you, from within Windows.

The app first unloads your driver, and flashes your graphics card BIOS (a process which must not be interrupted, lest you end up with an expensive brick)."

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Driv...ter_1.0-x64.exe&firmware=1&lang=us&type=Other

Just to be clear, this does not update your vendors GPU Bios (it will remain MSI's etc and same Build #), it is a Firmware Update for the DisplayPort black screen issue.

My EVGA 1080Ti FE needed it (I never had the issue AFAIK) but Titan Xp already had it.

Soldato
- Adjusting the NVIDIA settings to limit the framerate at 141 so games do not go above 144.

In addition to other things suggested, try a 138 cap instead. Some games incorporate an fps display that shows the actual mins and maxes. For example in Fortnite, with an fps cap of 138, the true maxes are 142-143. YMMV depending on the hardware and game. I've heard of others needing to cap at 134.

Soldato
Hello all,

Recently upgraded my monitor to the AOC Q27G2U 27" 144Hz G-Sync Compatible monitor. Really love it, fantastic bit of hardware except G-SYNC is not working properly.

When I play games every so often the screen will go blank / black for 2 seconds then return. The game continues to run during this time.

At first I thought it was because I enabled G-SYNC to work with Windowed games so I have tried Fullscreen games(such as GTAV) and the issue remains.

I have tried the following:
- Updating to the newest NVIDIA display drivers (442.50)
- Changing G-SYNC to only Fullscreen applications
- Resetting my monitor to default values (still ensuring G-SYNC is enabled in the menu)
- Formatting Windows 10 and doing a fresh install
- Trying both the original Displayport cable that came with my monitor and a high speed aftermarket one that was recommended

The issue remains however. Before I reach out to NVIDIAs support team and AOCs support team, I am happy to get any advice I can from anyone here.

Thank you

Did you ever fix this?

Back
Top Bottom